Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Another Reason to Love This Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Harrington was exploring an Other World when he was captured and implanted with Alien Spores.

When they hatched, his last word spoken was, "SOPHIEEEEEEEE!"

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Harrigan: soldier, lover, father of 10,000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone saw that foreshadowing... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the reference here? (I don't get it, but I'm intrigued.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
What's the reference here? (I don't get it, but I'm intrigued.)

It's Harrigan, not Harrington (unless I'm missing something) and the reference is to his Personal Story/Story So Far.

Qutoed from his Story so Far (though not all of it):

"Sophie believed him, she believed when he wrote her about the things he saw-- not the men killing other men, but the other things, the monsters. She believed, and that was enough to keep him sane in the trenches, enough to keep him alive.

Then he came home and went to visit Sophie, and he found out that the reason she believed him was that she had one of the creatures inside her, eating her from the inside out. As he watched in helpless horror, she faded away into the air, screaming as the thing finished its meal."

http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Mark_Harrigan

Also, I think FFG included him in one of their novels, and Sophie is referenced there as well. I can never keep the title straight though, but Mark is in one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.