Popular Tags: [View All]
Caitlyn Paget
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently doing the 10x10 challenge (trying to stay hardcore), and last year I restricted myself from buying any new games. These resolutions have taught me a lot about what my gaming likes and dislikes, and how to better manage my collection.

So now I'm trying to think of another good gaming resolution to set for 2015.

What have others done? What were your favorite gaming goals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the 10x10 challenge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
This one: 2014 Challenge: Play 10 Games 10 Times Each.

Next year it will be 2015 Challenge...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy only one new game or get the equivalent of two games in expansions for games I play regularly.

Also I want to get a hundred games in this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Umansky
United States
Glen Rock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Complete the 10 x 10 challenge. I joined late this year, and then became pregnant (and was really sick in the beginning) so I didn't finish my challenge, got about half way through it i think. I will finish it in 2015!

Only buy new games with consulting my husband first to be sure it's a game he would like to play. I spent a lot of $ in 2014 buying games I thought looked good, and it turns out he had no interest in them. And since we'll be home with a newborn AND moving to a new house with no FLGS near by (i'm spoiled i live in the the same town right now as my store), most of my gaming is going to be 2 player with him in 2015.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Any resolutions I'd make on purchases, plays, cons, etc. are largely tied to my finances, which are a different beast entirely. I'm not big on resolutions anyway. The arbitrary nature of picking the New Year to make a change always seemed odd to me. I've actually only made one NYs resolution in my life (which I did follow through on).

But one thing I do want to do within the next few months is finalize the design of a light card game I created a few months ago. It's had some initial testing to work out the biggest problems, but still needs some tweaking before it's ready. I have some friends excited to play, though admittedly more because I made it than because of any particular mechanic. In either case, I'd rather not let them down.

I'd also like to go to Gen Con for the first time, but that's been in the back of my mind for a while.

That's as close to a resolution as I'll get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
1. I'd like to find a couple more Euro gamers to play regularly with, or start my own weekly group. My current situation (once every other week) isn't enough for me.

2. Develop some of my game prototypes to a presentation point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
- Learn proper ASL
- 10x10 HC
- Try and find Case Blue (again)
- Full Operation Typhoon in GBII

In ascending insanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Only buy 1 game next quarter

Learn to play ALL my games

Play some longer timed games

Plan to play certain games on game nights

Improve my ability to teach and make games fun for new players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Just threw my hat in to the 10x10 challenge. As long as I don't pick many heavy games, or context-specific games, I should be ok.

deathninja wrote:
- Learn proper ASL
- 10x10 HC
- Try and find Case Blue (again)
- Full Operation Typhoon in GBII

In ascending insanity.

ASL, as in, American Sign Language? Good luck!

Didn't realize we were posting non-gaming-related resolutions as well. If I posted what I've got for my "To Do" list over the next 6-12 months, most of you would shudder at the weight of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
mawilson4 wrote:
ASL, as in, American Sign Language? Good luck!

My bad, I meant Advanced Squad Leaderblush, took me long enough to get the basics of BSL.

That said, I've got everything in place to set up a disability group in our workplace now; it's been a long time coming, and is a pretty big resolution in itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Solt
United States
Palmerton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to get my gaming room done. I was on track with it, then I started going through my basement and getting things together to sell (to buy more games), and everything ended up in the space I put aside for it.

This spring I want to at least get the dryer moved out of there and start fixing the floor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.