Subject: Ghostbusters at House on the Hill? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just purchased Betrayal at House on the Hill and love it. The artwork, the concept, etc, etc. Way better than Zombies!!! or The Haunting House, although both are fun in their own way.

I've also been picking up Horrorclix and opened a pack containing the ghost finder click. Minus the proton pack and ghost insignia on the arm, you pretty much have a Ghostbuster figure. I noticed it is fairly good scale with the Betrayal figures....

Which got me to thinking: What if I mixed the two together in one game? Now, I've only played Betrayal once, and haven't read any spoiler/books on the various haunts to know about any 'ghostbuster' type scenario that may already exist.

What I'm proposing is just using the room tiles from Betrayal and the ghost finder figures to move around in them. I remember the Ghostbuster game from back in the 80's with the 3-D boardgame/mouse trap set-up. I want to take it a step further and add various dice (proton pack, pke meter, getting slimed, trapping ghosts). Roll a die before entering a room, three outcomes for PKE- green:low level ghost,moves one space. yellow:medium level ghost, moves two spaces. red: high level ghost, moves three spaces. Ghostbuster must attempt a roll to 'ensnare' ghost with proton pack. 1-3 miss, 4-6 hit. IF a miss, ghost slimes ghostbuster, causing them to either lose a turn or possibly lose fear factor points (still in the works- a meter on a players card of fear spaces, you can only lose so many before you run out and then you lose.) Object of game taken from a episode of the cartoon: "Ghostbuster of the year" in which the four guys are trapped in a mansion to capture a ghost and be on the cover of Spooks Illustrated. Heh. Character card would have fear factor spaces, and a blank pool(containment unit) to store the ghosts captured. Whoever has the most ghosts at the end of the game wins.

Still cracking at it and would appreciate any input or thoughts from fellow board game/Ghostbusters fans...

jbwc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sorry for the threadomancy, but....

http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product/paranormal-extermin...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product/harbingers/

:D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.