Popular Tags: [View All]
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news for La Granja-Fans:

A new international edition will be released next year by Stronghold Games.
The publisher is aiming to release the game in June 2015, MSRP will be at 59.99$.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Festa
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
Florenza Dice Game
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can't wait zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is fantastic news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweetness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Stronghold does great work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:
Good news for La Granja-Fans:

A new international edition will be released next year by Stronghold Games.

Sorry to correct you, Hardy. But Stronghold will publish the english edition. Just english rules and gaming material. Where they will sell the game I do not know. But "International Edtion" sounds like it would be multilingual. That is not the case. Just english. But english can be understood in many countries worldwide...

The first edition of La Granja was considered "english/german edition" because it had rules in both languages...

Best...ode. (happy to read all that stuff online!!! yeay!!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Press release wrote:
Stronghold Games Announces Release of Age of Reason and La Granja
Stronghold Games and Spielworxx create a strategic partnership for these and other games

New Jersey, USA and Billerbeck, Germany – December 17, 2014 -- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Stronghold Games and Spielworxx are proud to announce jointly the first English language editions of Age of Reason and La Granja, both to be published by Stronghold Games. These two games previously were published in German by Spielworxx. With the Stronghold Games global distribution network, this will provide gamers worldwide with access to these great games.

Age of Reason is for 3 to 7 players and is set in the latter half of the 18th century. Players take on the roles of regents for Great Britain, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Prussia, Austria and Russia, who want to increase their home country's power in Europe while simultaneously establishing colonial empires in Africa, India and the Western Hemisphere. One country working on its own will not be able to achieve its goals, so players must take part in ever-shifting alliances, with whose help they hope to achieve their plans, or at least stave off direct conflict with a potential enemy.

Stronghold Games will release Age of Reason as the first game in its new “Great Designer Series”, which will highlight games from the best game designers in the world. This first game in the series, designed by renowned game designer Martin Wallace, reimplements and streamlines Wallace’s classic game Struggle of Empires. Additional titles in the “Great Designer Series” will be released over time.

La Granja is for 1 to 4 players who control small farms by the Alpich Pond near the Village of Esporles on Mallorca. During the course of the game, the players try to steadily expand their farms into the mighty country estate, La Granja, while also seeking to deliver goods to the village. In this game, speed is critical to success. La Granja is a game that requires careful planning, while learning to cope with the uncertainty of some card play. The player who has earned the most victory points at the end of the game is the winner and new owner of the La Granja estate.

The release of La Granja strengthens the commitment of Stronghold Games to partner with publishers globally, bringing their great games to North America and the rest of the world, as well as to continue to publish great euro-game designs. La Granja follows the success of two smash-hit 2014 euro-games from Stronghold Games, Panamax and Kanban: Automotive Revolution.

Stronghold Games will print Age of Reason and La Granja at Ludofact Germany, the leading printer of hobby games in the world. Age of Reason has a tentative release date of June 2015, and will have an MSRP of $59.95. La Granja has a tentative release date of June 2015, and it will have an MSRP of $59.95. Stronghold Games may have advanced copies available to demo or purchase at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio in June 3-7, 2015.

As with all of its new game releases, Stronghold Games will offer Age of Reason and La Granja to its North American customers via their industry-leading Preorder Program. The Stronghold Games Preorder Program offers preorder customers 30% off MSRP, and the guarantee that the games will ship to them before any other customers, including Distributors and Retailers. Stronghold Games’ preorders for these games are tentatively scheduled to open in April 2015 with preorders shipping tentatively in May 2015.

Stronghold Games and Spielworxx expect to collaborate on future projects, thus creating a strategic partnership to co-publish additional games in the future. Further products and timelines will be announced as the information becomes available.

“We will continue to bring great games from Europe to North America and the rest of the world, as well as support our existing internal game lines”, said Stephen Buonocore, President of Stronghold Games. “We are excited to be working on these first two projects with the excellent company, Spielworxx.”

”We are very excited to be working with a great company such as Stronghold Games”, said Uli Blennanman, President of Spielworxx. “Such an alliance will bring greater exposure to our games, and make them available in a much wider market.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Today Spielworxx posted, that there will be additional editions in other languages. German, dutch, spanish and maybe french. The corresponding publishers (Spielworxx is not doing another edition by themself) will surely post something about this soon...

Best...ode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorri Gums
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is like the best news that I've had all day...granted it still early morning for me, but this has made my day!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, does the secondary market crash happen now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cannot wait. Love the card placement mechanic in this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Shih
United States
Lisle
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
enzo622 wrote:

There's one listed on the market for 108. Dem prices be droppin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I rarely see a crash in the market until the new edition actually comes out. I'm curious to see Stronghold's production - what box size they use, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wont be a crash. Definitely a dip. No one will buy it because they might not get it otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
I'm curious to see Stronghold's production - what box size they use, etc.
I would expect no change in production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sébastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pearl Games joins the adventure for a french edition meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sebduj wrote:
Pearl Games joins the adventure for a french edition meeple

Dude, that's awesome!!! An honor to be on your label!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dub shih wrote:
enzo622 wrote:

There's one listed on the market for 108. Dem prices be droppin.
$90 now. S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral H_Nelson
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do hope the change the art on the box to make the villa pop. As it stands, the cover looks old and faded IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
emuldoon wrote:
I do hope the change the art on the box to make the villa pop. As it stands, the cover looks old and faded IMHO.

I love it. reason I bought the game (well, reason I clicked on funagain's ad.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meyer
Germany
Tarmstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
emuldoon wrote:

I love it.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keller
Switzerland
BE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iam also very happy about this, that there will be a 2nd Edition of LG...
especially with distributors like Stronghold and Pearl Games!!!

Its a big honor to me!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino Cappelleri
China
Shanghai
China
flag msg tools
designer
the free/open boardgame community in TURIN (Italy)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really hope an Italian publisher join the for the new release! In the last years many BG were localized with success. Waiting for a good news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TinuZ wrote:
Really hope an Italian publisher join the for the new release! In the last years many BG were localized with success. Waiting for a good news.

Sorry. No italian edition. Just the ones named by Spielworxx: english, spanish, dutch, french and german.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
emuldoon wrote:

Sry... No change of cover illustrations. All responsible people involved think that the cover is beyond awesome! So why change it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |