Subject: Solo 1-2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paweł Nowakowski
Poland
Warszawa, Płock
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is marked "# of Players 1 − 2".Why? There is no solo option in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
balif wrote:
The game is marked "# of Players 1 − 2".Why? There is no solo option in the rulebook.

In this thread:

dknemeyer wrote:
centurio68 wrote:
So I think that the suggestion "1-2 player" is misleading.

Our thinking was that it is no worse than Combat Commander or Conflict of Heroes 1 player. Yes, some of the special Fog of War is lost, but it still then plays like other tactical games that lack those features in the first place.

But, as I mentioned in that thread, Combat Commander says it's for 2 players, and Conflict of Heroes comes with solitaire scenarios. You could submit a correction on the game's page and point the admin to this thread...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

But, as I mentioned in that thread, Combat Commander says it's for 2 players, and Conflict of Heroes comes with solitaire scenarios. You could submit a correction on the game's page and point the admin to this thread...

I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said, Kuhrusty, but I'm just throwing out there that it's not just the BGG page that says it. My KS box clearly states 1-2 players, FWIW.

This needs to be on my list of games to play. Wish there was online play, I'm gonna have a devil of a time convincing anyone in my group to give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not sure I would get any takers until I saw that review linked from grognard.com. I was actually disappointed by the game when I first got it and read the rules. I watched that review and it rekindled my interest in the system. Then, on a whim, I asked a buddy if he would give it a go. His eyes were gazing over while going through the rules, we got to set up and his ears perked up. Then we played and are both hooked on it! Now we just have to find time to play again - Our biggest problem is that most of our game time is at a friends house when there are three to five of us.

It is a two-player game and a very good, competitive, tight, fun game. It is not a simulation but it is a war-game with out of the ordinary mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.