Justin, Karen, Acacia, and Janek
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
45 Jack-o'-dapter!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is willing to purchase board games for my Christmas gift(s)!

So....

I'm looking for a wargame ("simple" or "complex" or anywhere in-between - though I'd prefer to stick with the easy to medium difficulty setting) that deals with early America i.e. French and Indian War (1755-1760), Revolutionary War type stuff (1775: Rebellion), and a bit beyond (War of 1812).

I like that time period. I like the Northern Minnesota/Wisconsin/Michigan and Canada fur trading, canoe cruising, fort building awesomeness and the east coast colonial coolness. I'm not looking for any solitaire games at the moment but bonus points if it has a solitaire setting. I'd prefer to have it 2-4 players.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Washington's War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Procyk
Canada
Ottawa (Orléans)
Ontario
flag msg tools
We you can try the trilogy of card driven games from GMT.

Wilderness War

Washington's War

Mr. Madison's War: The Incredible War of 1812

The only noted as being in stock still on the GMT's website is the last one but retailers may have the other titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Künzle
Germany
Rostock
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Few Acres of Snow seems to hit your range. It uses a deckbuilding mechanism to simulate the French-Indian war, which is still unique to this day in wargaming (although there are some other games in the pipeline now). But be aware that some consider the game broken as there is a strategy that always wins you the game.
I can not elaborate more because I'm still willing to try the game myself and don't want to read how to break the game. But if you don't mind that you'll certainly find enough threads about it on the BGG-entry for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.