Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing cards can you look back at the tricks you take in case it might influence what you would play next?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no reason you couldn't look at your own tricks. Generally if you have #12-15 of any suite I imagine you try to keep track of what has been played in those suites. But if you needed to check your own tricks taken I would think you could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's time for baseball, people! Pitchers and catchers report soon and the national pastime is with us again!
mbmbmbmbmb
Typically, in trick-taking games, anyone can ask to see the last trick taken. But once a card is played to the next trick, the earlier tricks remain hidden. It may be different in Diamonds, but unless it is explicitly mentioned in the rules, that's how I'd play. Of course, your group can play with whatever house rules you want. Since Diamonds is pretty light for a trick-taker, I could see groups relaxing the usual rules for such games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
We expect players to rule this issue any way they want. Most of the time we play that you can only look at the last trick you took. I think it could slow the game down if players are constantly checking their tricks taken. As Larry says the game is lighter than Bridge so feel free to relax the traditional rule on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my first play of this great game Xmas eve and we played with perfect diamonds variant. We house ruled it no previous tricks can be looked at again because it will really induce some AP if we allow it to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.