Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Victor
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looked through rules questions already posted but haven't seen this issue addressed yet.

The last paragraph under the "Icons" heading states the following:

Quote:
Just before the end of the game, there are two opportunities of healing wounds. The crossed-out wound tile allows you to return one of your wound tiles (including the double-wound tile) or any number of scratches. In the last episode, Death of Beowulf, you can use one icon either to pick up a fame token of value 5 or to discard a large wound tile.

The rules describe two ways to remove a wound just before the end of the game, but I see only one: the crossed-out wound tile in the Death of Beowulf event. Because this is the only crossed-out wound tile that takes place after the Dragon Battle event (which is the only place you can receive a double-wound), the rules must be referring to this as the tile you can use to return a wound tile. But the rules go on to describe the Death of Beowulf event as if it were a second chance to heal a wound, saying you have the option of a fame token or large wound removal.

If the rules did not specifically mention the double-wound tile, I would assume they were referring to the Break Ranks episode as the first method of wound-removal. But as this episode takes place before it's possible to receive a double-wound, I'm confused. The way I see it there is only one way to remove the double-wound, and that's winning the Death of Beowulf event. Am I reading too much into the rules or am I missing something? Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed referring to the Break Ranks event. The part about the Double Wound only pretains to the Death of Beowulf.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swedish Betrayal, a treasure auction, also (if I'm interpreting the icon correctly) lets the winner remove one wound. It's about half-way through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just to clarify, the Death of Beowulf event allows the removal of the double wound tile, not just reducing it in half?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. It allows the player to discard one wound tile. (Even if that one single tile has two wounds on it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.