John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking at some decks that have been build and the strategies in playing them on the dtdb.com and Alderac website. I just like to now how can we utilise Morgan Cattle Co. outfit's ability. Every time you boot to use it, you need to move your chosen Dude to the location of the deed you play and this will make the Dude vulnerable being called out.

In the Morgan Landslide deck, the strategy is not to get your Dude involved in any shootout especially those with high influence. So other than using Morgan's outfit ability to play out-of-town Deeds (as long as your opponent is not supported by some movement cards), you Dude can be safe in the out-of-town location as other players will have to move their Dudes to those Deeds booted and therefore cannot called out.

Or we can use Morgan's ability to play Railroad Station, move our Dudes there and then later activate Railroad Station's ability to move our Dude back home.

But other than the above two situations, I am wondering how we can keep our Dudes from Morgan outfit safe from shootout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harlath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Try playing with four copies of "Make the Smart Choice" - you can target your own dudes with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phath0m
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I like to use someone like Irving Patterson with the Morgan Outfit ability and then if someone hunts him down swap him out in the shootout with Jarret Blake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Play Make The Smart Choice.

2. Play Mustang.

3. Play Clementine Lepp and lots of saloons.

4. Play Steele Archer or Lillian Morgan + Shadow Walk.

5. Play Lane Healey and let them come

Also note that your dudes at out-of-town deeds aren't really safe, because the opponent might play Shadow Walk, Mustang, Bluetick, Railroad Station, The Pharmacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Kernel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Especially be vary against a Mongwau 4th Ring start. I have often saved a shadowwalk untill my opponent used the ability to play an out of town deed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Lillian deck packs 4x of Hired Help and 4x of Steven Wiles plus Travis Moone. I usually have some muscle ready to throw down. I also have a Full House/Four of a Kind draw structure early on (later it is a straight flush), so it's unlikely I'd lose by more than a couple of hand ranks and I can thus get Lillian out of the shootout. Its nervy, but has been working well for me so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been testing a Ghetty deck with a setup similar to yours. The problem I encountered is that James cannot protect Irving from Kidnappin' if they're too far apart from each other. If I use either one to play an out-of-town deed, Irving will be attacked. I have to play in-town deeds only on one side of my outfit, step by step, like a ladder, so that the two are always adjacent.

Here's an illustration of a game I had yesterday against Sloane Aggro:

Decklist

Here, I just saved Irving from being kidnapped by Olivia Jenks equipped with a Pearl-Handled Revolver, by playing Hired Help. Got +1 gr from mr.Patterson and another +1 gr as a bounty. As you can see, everything is going rather well for me

Steven Wiles wasn't as useful for me as I had hoped, mainly because he doesn't get on the board in time to protect me from 1st-click Kidnappin' or Bounty Hunter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your sharing. It seems that the MCC's deed-centric is the more efficient archetype. What do you guys think about a gadget-centric MCC build? Are there any effective Morgan decks that is heavy on utilising the gadgets just from the core set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dudes and deeds, lots of gadgets and some rumors worked for me pretty well with 2x core.

With NTNR in the mix I'm trying to make a gadget heavy/ranch anti-cheating deck. Mostly because my shootout structure looks like hell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.