Yardmaster» Forums » General

Subject: How do you use the methylamine cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Love this game. It's really good. I got all the additional stuff that came with the kickstarter stretchgoals. Bonus cards are clear, just shuffle them into the deck. Caboose expansion, clear on that.

How do you use the Methylamine cards? It's obvious that I can just add those to the respective decks... now that I have more cards and also one more trade token, can this be played with 6 players rather than 5?

In this case, the caboose expansion can't be used since there are only 5 caboose cards...

Thanks,
Pedro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Hi all,

Love this game. It's really good. I got all the additional stuff that came with the kickstarter stretchgoals. Bonus cards are clear, just shuffle them into the deck. Caboose expansion, clear on that.

How do you use the Methylamine cards? It's obvious that I can just add those to the respective decks... now that I have more cards and also one more trade token, can this be played with 6 players rather than 5?

In this case, the caboose expansion can't be used since there are only 5 caboose cards...

Thanks,
Pedro.

i think you replace oil with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You replace all the cards of the same color with the meth cards. I don't have any of it in front of me (yet), so I couldn't tell you which color; I seem to think it was yellow, though blue would be an obvious bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
i think you replace oil with it.

That's likely it. If they're the same color, that's definitely it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meledeo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Were these cards supposed to be included with the Kickstarter version, or did you have to do something extra? I was looking forward to including the Heisenberg heist, but the methylamine cards weren't in my copy. I couldn't easily find out whether it was dropped or what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was an additional add-on for more money. I didn't receive it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I didn't get them. I guess I misunderstood because I thought they would be included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were definitely an add-on that could be added using the backer kit. I believe Crash may have extras that will be available at cons, but I'm not sure about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the option of adding the "Heisenberg Heist" promo cards when filling out the Pledge Manager provided after the campaign was over. I was able to do it, and I'm looking forward to replacing the oil (which are the yellow cards) with the promo set!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
It was an optional add-on. If I remember correctly, Patrick explained that he intentionally did not include it as a free backer promo since he wants to offer it as a bonus through retail stores. It was available to purchase through Pledge Manager and will be available to purchase at cons. As with his other promos, I suspect it will show up in the BGG store as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Dutch Harbor
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just unboxed my copy, definitely a replacement of the oil cards. HOWEVER, they didn't include a caboose, so I am throwing that expansion out the window... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameaccessory/163638/yardmaste...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wery67564 wrote:
HOWEVER, they didn't include a caboose, so I am throwing that expansion out the window... :shake:

Why would you need a yellow caboose?!?! You already have one. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Dutch Harbor
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Call me picky, but the yellow caboose says OIL while the heisenberg promos are all METHYLAMINE. That kinda makes it a little silly to say "oh just ignore the component text, go by color" when I paid extra for components with different text/iconography. Just feels like I am being put on. It seems like either they designed the promo before the expansion or they didn't want to charge the extra quarter to print the necessary card. And for a filler game, I think I can suffer through not having one expansion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stout
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wery67564 wrote:
Just unboxed my copy, definitely a replacement of the oil cards. HOWEVER, they didn't include a caboose, so I am throwing that expansion out the window... shake

When you toss them out your window, feel free to toss them into mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Bushman
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
I do occasionally roll on Shabbos.
badge
Here be Roscoe.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Agreed that this seems a silly oversight, the expansion price was sufficient that the additional caboose should've been included, especially for Kickstarter supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I would like to bring up the question again...

Are you all really sure that the Heisenberg cards replace the Oil cards? I mean, if so what do I get from this expansion other than a differnt icon on the cargo cards and a different picture on the railcar cards? I thought that this will add something to the game and not do only replace something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct though. Nothing added to yye game unless you are a Breaking Bad fan. I've never watched the show which is why I was a bit puzzled about this expansion. Not knowing the first thing about the show renders this expansions as meaningless to me.

To be fair, I got it as a gift from a friend so can't really complain whistle

Besides, I really like this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me again,

what if I add the cards instead of replacing the oil cards? Will I break the game in some way if I add an additional type of cargo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with that is that you only have one set of yellow wagons. So if you consider using the yellow wagons for both Meth and Oil... that would pose a problem.

Unless you use them as wild cards perhaps and just add 1 Meth of each value??

That might be an idea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
The problem with that is that you only have one set of yellow wagons.

But my copy of the Heist expansion comes with it's own set of railcars.

So it should be distinguishable and therefore not be a problem because I see what railcar do need which cargo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I see... my copy does not have that extra set of rail cars... so perhaps you would be able to play with 6 then... try it out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.