Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Can you pay 9 resources (or even 12+ since events can add terror to spaces already having it) to remove terror then shift support/opposition twice? In other words, paying to remove terror is a level, or is not a level?

2) When executing operations in multiple spaces do they happen simultaneously or consecutively? E.g. Let's say that the VC have 0 guerillas available. They rally in 3 spaces. In the first 2 space they replace 2 guerillas each with 1 base, and in the third space they place those same 4 physical components that were just "freed up". Assuming 2 bases were already there and it has a population of 2, is this legal?

EDIT: just thought of another...
3) If an event says to remove X pieces from a space, do you still have to follow the procedure (troops first, underground guerillas protect bases) even if that particular card doesn't say so? I was sure I read an explicit and unambiguous answer in the rules but now I'm missing it apparently....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Statalyzer wrote:
1) Can you pay 9 resources (or even 12+ since events can add terror to spaces already having it) to remove terror then shift support/opposition twice? In other words, paying to remove terror is a level, or is not a level?

Yes, you can. Removing Terror is not a level.

Quote:
2) When executing operations in multiple spaces do they happen simultaneously or consecutively? E.g. Let's say that the VC have 0 guerillas available. They rally in 3 spaces. In the first 2 space they replace 2 guerillas each with 1 base, and in the third space they place those same 4 physical components that were just "freed up". Assuming 2 bases were already there and it has a population of 2, is this legal?

Legal. To quote the rules:
Rule 3.1 wrote:
The executing Faction chooses the order of the spaces in which the Operation is resolved, ...


Quote:
EDIT: just thought of another...
3) If an event says to remove X pieces from a space, do you still have to follow the procedure (troops first, underground guerillas protect bases) even if that particular card doesn't say so?

That procedure only applies to the specific rule sections it is included in or that explicitly refers to it. An Event that grants a free Assault has to follow the Assault procedure (which includes the above order of removal); an Event that says "remove pieces" can remove any pieces in any order (unless there are other restrictions in the Event text, of course).

Regards, Oerjan
7 
 Thumb up
1.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris District
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oerjan, i hope they're paying you for all the time you spend here!

Clarification question: is there ever a situation where bases can be removed before other pieces (aside from if a specific event said so)? You aid, "an Event that says 'remove pieces' can remove any pieces in any order"--but bases are always last unless specifically stated otherwise, right?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
District wrote:
Oerjan, i hope they're paying you for all the time you spend here!

Clarification question: is there ever a situation where bases can be removed before other pieces (aside from if a specific event said so)? You aid, "an Event that says 'remove pieces' can remove any pieces in any order"--but bases are always last unless specifically stated otherwise, right?


As you point out Oerjan is the kind of person that makes our hobby viable. As always he has my thanks for his untiring support for this title.

Mark
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
District wrote:
Oerjan, i hope they're paying you for all the time you spend here!

Clarification question: is there ever a situation where bases can be removed before other pieces (aside from if a specific event said so)?

Yes: every time a rule or Event text doesn't explicitly say that Bases have to be removed last.

Quote:
You aid, "an Event that says 'remove pieces' can remove any pieces in any order"--but bases are always last unless specifically stated otherwise, right?

No. Bases are removed last only if the Event text or the rule for the Operation/Special Activity currently being executed explicitly says that they are removed last. This is why there are so many different rules and Event texts that include "Bases last" or similar - they're all special cases/exceptions.

Thanks for the kind words, BTW

Regards, Oerjan
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.