Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Is it fun, esp. with a solitaire variant? i've never played any Catan games, so this would be my first. If you love or hate this one, speak up!!

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaus Teuber is one of the only desingers whose games i would buy sight-unseen. Every game of his I own is good, some of them are excellent, and a few of them are my favourites. I can't help you with Starship Catan specifically - but I think Teuber is a designer worth trusting!

Cheers!

Good luck!

Giles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
caradoc wrote:
Klaus Teuber is one of the only desingers whose games i would buy sight-unseen. Every game of his I own is good, some of them are excellent, and a few of them are my favourites. I can't help you with Starship Catan specifically - but I think Teuber is a designer worth trusting!

Mega dito!

I know the Starship game and I really appreciate it, thought it takes slightly too long in my view to play it often (2 hrs). But it's extreme fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_grip wrote:
Is it fun, esp. with a solitaire variant?

Its a good two-player game, but I really doubt you could or would want to play it solitaire. You would lose a lot of the tension from the exploration (i.e. the pirates).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
So that's a "no" on the solitaire end, then? i see a solitaire variant in the files, but i'm not sure if it is worth picking up to try...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ellis
Canada
Vernon
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming is a lifestyle choice.
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh I highly recommend this two player game. When me and my girl want a really good two player game this is what we play. It is also a hit with my more hard core gaming buddies. In fact, this is the top two player game on the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.