Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Schonberg
Canada
Metcalfe
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While not specifically a wargame I thought I would mention this kickstarter on this forum because I think it may be of interest to some. The fact the "operations" are based on historical events is very interesting. The gameplay looks to be well done and engaging.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/135116486/v-commandos?r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Translation: "Hey! You! Visit this KS and put your money down so we can unlock more stretch goals!"

Kickstarter evangelists are really targeting BGG hardcore as of late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't Kickstart anything, but am always interested in looking at any new wargame or war-euro.

ETA: Would have been nice to learn something about the mechanics in the pitch video though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason, one is not allowed to post KS links here in this forum. There is a specific KS forum for such posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Translation: "Hey! You! Visit this KS and put your money down so we can unlock more stretch goals!"

That's because they ran out of suckers elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
$80 for a game largely made of cards and tiles that costs maybe $12-13 to print in a quantity of 1,000 at Panda? Too rich for me (he says, conveniently forgetting just last night he paid $72 for the Polish printing of Tajemnicze Domostwo game and shipping).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a look at it as I'm very interested in the subject. This is the one subject for which I was ready to break my "No KS projects!" vow as I think it's crying out for a solo/coop game, but ... I'm not convinced by it. Once you get past the idea and the artwork, the game play seemed rather flat. Roll a die to see if your commando is seen or not; not very sophisticated.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of what Warfighter looks like (are you listening, Dan Verssen?) or at least more than "move/roll for skill check."

It's probably a great game for some, just not for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Schonberg
Canada
Metcalfe
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not know there was a separate forum for kickstarter posts. I assume this could simply be moved there? Infact I have not backed the game. For full disclosure I came across the project and wanted to promote a Canadian project. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

Just copying wargame preorder evangelists?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Kickstarter forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.