Ian Tuten
United States
Montgomery Village
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I know the VASSAL module has built-in scenarios already, but part of the way I enjoy learning new games is setting up the scenarios myself. I'm trying to do that, through the "New Game" blank setup, but I can't for the life of me find any of the minor and neutral country counters! No Belgium, no Turkey, etc.

Where should I be looking??

Thanks all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A long time ago the piece palette containing all the units was hidden to strictly limit the force pool to the number of pieces in the physical game (with a piece palette you can create unlimited numbers of anything). Guess it wasn't foreseen that anyone would want to do what you're doing.

1. Right-click the module name in your VASSAL game library and choose "Edit Module"
2. Double-click the item you see titled: Units [Game Piece Palette]
3. Untick the box for: Hidden? (requires restart), then hit OK
4. Save the module.
5. Close out of the Editor, re-launch the module, and there will be an additional main toolbar button that gives you the piece palette will all the units in it.

Editing visual aid:

Result:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tuten
United States
Montgomery Village
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.