Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Sorry if this has been asked already, I saw a few questions that danced around this rule but none that asked it specifically.)

Are you allowed to put cubes wherever you want? For example in the beginning there are 4 cards. Theoretically you could just let one card get 4 cubes and then take that one and be back down to zero. Conversely by spreading them evenly you are always leaving behind more cubes to deal with.

I would have thought that evenly would be the rule, and how I played, but after seeing some questions (e.g. the variant about making pricing going up, which I like and will try once I beat the original!) I am not as sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Montes
Argentina
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that you lose the game as soon as the 4th cube gets placed.

Anyway, I have always played it so that you can put each cube on any of the open cards, however, I find it tactically better to place all cubes on the same card and then buying the card to clear more cubes at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
barbazul wrote:
My understanding is that you lose the game as soon as the 4th cube gets placed.

Anyway, I have always played it so that you can put each cube on any of the open cards, however, I find it tactically better to place all cubes on the same card and then buying the card to clear more cubes at once.

Thanks Matias, it is definitely better tactically but also makes the game easier, so I was wondering if it would be considered cheating. :-)

The new rules (just received mine yesterday) say 5 cubes but also says 4 cubes for a bigger challenge. (There is a variant just posted about increasing prices which could definitely increase the challenge as well.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.