Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster» Forums » General

Subject: I was one of the 4,278. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a good game actually...but oh boy the history. I was apart of it, were you?

Here is a brand new microbadge a few of us should probably get! LOL

Groupthinker - sheep Badge of Honor; Badge of Shame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the game and don't feel like a sheep...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my first Kickstarter. I went Biohazard X3. shake

The game is not good compared to similar games. It is overly complicated and has zero support from the designers, publishers or community. It has a terrible past and no future. The best thing that I got from it was a lesson to vet Kickstarters better before I back them and to never buy a game with minis that require too much assembly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hanneman
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Biohazard x2. All add-ons x2.

Very disappointed. Someday when I have more free time and can playtest I may add my own home rules to the existing to make it more competent.

A game is within this waiting to be awesome. I bought battlesystem terrain for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Single Biohazard here.

I tried parsing through the first set of rules when I received it, and since then, haven't really dug into it. I honestly couldn't detect much difference with the 2nd edition rules, and the new book didn't seem to clear up problems I had with the first.

I'm a bit of a corridor crawler junkie though, so I plan to eventually try it out. I'll probably put it on my 10x10 for next year. Then again, I had it on this year's list, and I think it was the first to fall off...

What's sad is that in spite of everything, I can't help but perk my ears up when I see rumors of an impending Arms of Sorrow KS. I do love the minis. I think this game needs a super high quality unofficial rules rewrite like Myth. The fan rewrite for Myth is the only reason I didn't toss out that game in fits of rage.

If a new KS does come out, maybe I'll muster the patience to wait until it's on sale for $20 at Miniature Market. Maybe that will happen before the backers get theirs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garlick
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too I joined the club,

For the minis alone. if you followed the dvd and helps online the minis turned out famously and I got several special minis which will be prized in years to come, games come and go but superior minis especially if you love to hand paint base, and assemble them are a thing to be prized.

The set is a steal if you wanted the minis, but you have to remember without us 4000+ this set of minis never would have happened, if you vetted the mini maker via his website you realized creation of superior minis was his speciality and not game design.

I went into this buying a "minis lotto ticket", and got what I was looking for, a bunch of others will now collect the low hanging fruit, awesome bases, special scifi terrain, and a set of unique space futuristic minis which were expensive and in short supply, before this roll out.

Yes there were problems, and yes as one of the 4000 you got to see and hear about all the issues that a game designer goes thru, I think of it as an education as to how business is done in RL.

I feel richer not poorer for the experience, and when you compare what you got with a game like tanhauser you realize you got what you paid for with a lot of optional bonuses, if you Are into futuristic RPG this set is a must have for hours of fun, and enjoyment.

Doctorslime

P.s. Without us 4000 the mini's never would have been made and gaming overall would be poorer without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uel McAdorey
Canada
Fonthill
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went Biohazard and have no regrets. The Strain are an interesting variant on the zombie craze.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I traded for someone's Biohazard copy and had a lot of fun putting together the minis and painting a few of them. Haven't played yet, but I liked the rules (updated). And the esoteric order of gamer's put out some fantastic resources to help me learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garlick
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a link for the order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Run By
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see your point, but I was one of the early supporters and still find the game enjoyable. It is a shame that it has a bit of a bad rap, but I think that as long as the game continues to be supported that it will bounce back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
milhouse x
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DOCTORSLIME wrote:
Got a link for the order?

http://www.orderofgamers.com/

Lot of good stuff on that site...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.