Subject: Maximum number of each ally expansion to run campaign? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Theurer
United States
Pitman
NJ
flag msg tools
I'm one of those people that needs to be ready for every eventuality.

Obviously, for unique characters like Han and Chewie, you'll only need one of each expansion pack.

What about for the generic characters? What are the max number of Rebel Troopers they could bring into a mission? What about the Saboteurs and the Royal Guard Champion?

I'm trying to budget out how many expansion packs we'd need to buy to be able to deal with any campaign eventuality and NOT have to use the tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan R
United States
ALBUQUERQUE
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good rule of thumb would be have enough to fill out Skirmish.

That means 4 of any grey deployment non unique unit and 2 of any red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you are playing in tournaments, make an agreement with the people you play with. Maximum of 1 of each expansion pack. Everyone gets to save some money, and you are all on the same playing field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Chan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the campaign mode, I'm pretty sure you just need one of each expansion pack. I'm briefed through the campaign mode loosely to see.
Besides the game only provided tokens for only one of each expansion and ffg usually provides enough so you don't need to proxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several answers to the question.

If you just want the expansion characters to be playable in the campaign, you don't need any expansions. The tokens in the core set are all fully playable, both in Campaign and Skirmish.

If you want to have everything that could affect the Campaign, you only need one of each expansion box. That will give the Rebels some new side missions, allowing you to get the Elite versions of the Rebel Troopers and Rebel Saboteurs and some new rewards from some of the other kits. The Imperial Player will get some new Agenda cards to choose from at the start of the next campaign, including some side/forced missions to spring on the Rebels. And you get the figures to replace the tokens, of course.

If you want to have everything to make any Skirmish army, you need 4 Rebel Trooper kits, 5 Rebel Saboteur kits and 1 each of the other kits. This will give you enough cards and figures to make any type of valid team. One further Rebel Trooper and Rebel Saboteur kit means you can also do away with the tokens and have all figures. You need one fewer Trooper pack as it is impossible to field 6 squads of Rebel Troopers within the 40 points cost for your army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Theurer
United States
Pitman
NJ
flag msg tools
Sorry, I was being slightly unclear.

I'm not worried about having enough for skirmish mode.

My understanding is that there are certain situations in the campaign where the heroes can call in certain characters as allies to help them. I'm just trying to make sure I can field them as minis rather than as the tokens.

In all honesty, I'm likely to just get one of each ally pack, and order enough of the old Star Wars Miniatures game figures to serve as proxies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan R
United States
ALBUQUERQUE
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't you still need 5 of the Rebel Troopers

You could field 4x grey troopers (24 points) + 1x red troopers (9 points).

You cap off at 40 points so this is the maximum possible of dudes needed for troopers (if you want to use the figures).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
The question was meant towards the main game, aka the campaign. Maybe we should start prefixing Skirmish posts with [Skirmish].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyspacepope wrote:
Maximum number of each ally expansion to run campaign?

ONE.

For the campaign, you do not need more. Skirmish mode is another matter, but since you said you're not playing Skirmish, you don't need any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently you can't use more than one per campaign. You gain Ally cards (both unique and generic) as a reward for completing a specific side mission. Then you can use that Ally card later. You cannot gain two of the same Ally cards in the current campaign.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Furthermore the rules explictly state:

Quote:
In a campaign, players are limited to the number of figures included in the game. For example, the Imperial player is limited to six regular and three elite Stormtrooper figures, even if he owns multiple copies of the game.

One would assume that that rule extends to the Ally/Villain packs as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.