2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming

Subject: I feel like you guys would enjoy Prismata rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Swade Pierson
Canada
flag msg tools
... and by "you guys", I'm referring to the people who really enjoy chess/Go/Hex. Prismata's an online turn-based strategy "card" game, BUT HEAR ME OUT FIRST! The reason why "card" is in quotation marks is because it is NOT a CCG/TCG; there's no deckbuilding or trading or customizing. Instead, both players specify build orders from two pools of units (one constant, one randomized) that are the same to them both, so there's no RNG and no hidden information, but two games played in a row can feel extremely different because of the units you're given to play with. There's also a small tech tree so even though you and your opponent have the exact same choices to make, there's lots of room for counterplay.

I'm terrible at giving explanations, so here's a video that does it a thousand times better:

So what do you guys think? Is this really something that interests the BGG community, or nah?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a fine line between "computer based board gaming" and "computer games that share some features with board games".

Civilization 5 could be completely implemented as a board game. Does that make it a "computer based board game"?

PS: I think Prismata looks cool, and I'll probably play it, but I don't necessarily think it belongs here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.