Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight I marched through neutral Lo Stato della Chiesa to attack British forces in Napoli. I lost the battle and was forced to retreat into the neutral nation. Would this be a violation of neutrality? We debated this, and decided that my troops should be unretreatable and be sent to the prisoners box.

Thanks for your ruling.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: If you retreat into a neutral space, that does violate their neutrality.

(I recommend downloading and using the v. 1.25 rules in the files section. They clear up a lot of ambiguities. This would be one of those ambiguities.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Alfred has it right. And your intuition was also near correct. If you retreat into a neutral country, you violate its neutrality. Instead, you may OPT to send your surviving corps to the prisoners box, so you don't violate its neutrality. It's your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.