Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read a few comment and questions lately about how the transit zone works on your opponent's turn with the Professor X Global (PXG), so I decided to add some pictures to aid in the understanding of it.

(***This is a simplification to the rules, to make it easier to remember. Scroll below to see an addendum if you want the super mega full explanation)

1 - It is your opponent's turn, and you have 3 Sidekick dice in your Used Pile. *NOTE: I put them all as pawns, just to help keep the dice straight during movement. The face of the dice in the Used Pile has no effect at all.

2 - You pay your first [mask], moving it to the Transit Zone for the duration of the action. Additionally, PXG allows you to move 2 Sidekick dice from Used to Prep.

3 - The action completes, and because it is your opponent's turn, the [mask] moves to Used now.

4 - You activate PXG again, and just like above, you pay your [mask], moving it to the Transit Zone for the duration of the action and move 2 Sidekick dice from Used to Prep.

5 - The action completes, and because it is your opponent's turn, the second [mask] moves to Used now.

I hope this helps.

***Addendum - Read only if you have a full understanding of how the above works.

Above, I mentioned that the dice spend on your opponent's turn go to the transit zone. Technically they don't, they go to straight to used. Unfortunately, this causes some people to forget that you can't spend energy, and have it's effect use the die you just spent. For simplicity, it's best to think of the energy spent as in the Transit Zone for the duration of the action, which is how I did it above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Helland
msg tools
mbmbmb
Card ref here: http://www.dicemastersdb.com/catalog/marvel/uncanny-x-men/pr...

I cannot fathom why they decided having two different timings for the transit zone was a good idea.

Great illustration though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I picture it like a Quarriors mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
***Addendum - Read only if you have a full understanding of how the above works.

Above, I mentioned that the dice spend on your opponent's turn go to the transit zone. Technically they don't, they go to straight to used. Unfortunately, this causes some people to forget that you can't spend energy, and have it's effect use the die you just spent. For simplicity, it's best to think of the energy spent as in the Transit Zone for the duration of the action, which is how I did it above.

They sort of do.

In the rules update it does state several times that they go straight to used, but they also say that dice spent on your opponents turn are "in transition".

In transit, in transition, transiting, transitioning, whatever you want to call it, it's the same thing - they're 'out of play', or in the 'transit zone', for the duration of the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
crambaza wrote:

They sort of do.

In the rules update it does state several times that they go straight to used, but they also say that dice spent on your opponents turn are "in transition".

In transit, in transition, transiting, transitioning, whatever you want to call it, it's the same thing - they're 'out of play', or in the 'transit zone', for the duration of the action.

I am with you 100%, I just didn't want someone to come and quote the document with the part that says they don't. I look at it the same way you do, AND it's the most intuitive way as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
crambaza wrote:

They sort of do.

I am with you 100%, I just didn't want someone to come and quote the document with the part that says they don't. I look at it the same way you do, AND it's the most intuitive way as well.

Cool.

I so wish WizKids would get someone, who was not involved in the writing, but knows the game, look over the stuff they put out before they put it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
crambaza wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
crambaza wrote:

They sort of do.

Cool.

I so wish WizKids would get someone, who was not involved in the writing, but knows the game, look over the stuff they put out before they put it out.
Let's form a coalition, and reach out to WizKids. I bet you and I (and maybe 1 or 2 other users come to mind) could really have a huge impact to the game, and benefit the wording and phrasing of the upcoming releases.

If they ever respond positively to my requests, I'll let you know, and seek your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, every time I read the term "transit zone" I get the tune of "Danger Zone" stuck in my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Tomilowitz
msg tools
@crambaza:
I would like to help as well if you get a positive response. I did such a service for a dice game in which a little-known company (SFR Inc) obtained the license from a bigger company (Wizards of the Coast), Also, my profession entails technical writing and transcription of complex and abstract ideas into simplier language for general consumption and execution.

I've been following all of the official (and unoffical) traffic on rules clarifications and errata, and occasionally posting on various MDM forums. I've also compiled a Codex of much of this information, besides being an avid MDM player.

What you are suggesting is more intricate than discussing rules intepretations and impressions on a common forum - but something this game needs and can be accomplished by a group of dedicated people outside of, but sanctioned by Wizkids.

Please send me a private message if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roscoe Simmons
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rule book as of Sept for UXM.

Liz spends a  for the cost of  . It goes to her Used Pile because it isn’t her turn.
The only thing it states is she can't take the di she bought the ability with cause it is in transition cause it was used for cost. at completion of payment it goes to used.

It is true they are trying to confuse people by the wording they use.
What the rule states is this you can not take back dice used for an actions cost. those dice are inactive until the action or purchase is fulfilled.

Now on your own turn all dice used for cost remain in transit till end of your own turn then they are officially moved into used.

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.