Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local game store was a Retail level Kickstarter backer. They received sets of both City of the Ancients and Swamps of Death.

And they were also supposed to get the Outlaw hero class.

Each customer that bought a set from them will get the Outlaw hero as well.

Since the miniature is not yet available, FFP decided NOT to ship the hero class cards with the games (unlike what they did for their non-retail backers where they shipped the Outlaw cards and materials, minus the miniature, with their games).

FFP is going to wait until the miniature is available and then send the miniature and cards for the Outlaw to the retail stores together. Probably next spring or summer! At least this is the information I just received from my local game store today. They said they were told this by FFP.

Sadly, this means that those of us who are playing Brimstone now won't be able to use the Outlaw until we get it next year!

I wish FFP had NOT done this and had instead sent the Outlaw materials to the retail backers just as they did to the others. Or at least give us a PDF so we can create our own Outlaws while waiting for the miniature like everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love me them FFP guys, but they are making some weird decisions. I don't pass judgement since I'm not behind the scenes, but it would really help if they gave explanation's for their actions. I would *think* that they should have given the Outlaw stuff out, especially since customers might move. Also, the Outlaw cards were packaged with some bonus cards.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to bet a large percentage of customers will never return t the store to get their Outlaw minis and cards.

FFP could've included the cards and sheets for the Outlaw, and a code of some sort so the customers can sign up on a website, enter their address and have the Outlaw mini shipped to them when it's ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumor is that FFP thought that retailers would prefer to wait until the entire package (mini & cards) was available so they could SELL it to new customers instead of delivering it to their customers who bought the pairs of core sets.

While the retailers got one Outlaw for each pair of core sets they bought as Kickstarters, there's no requirement that they sell their core sets in pairs or provide the Outlaw to customers who buy them.

Luckily my local retailer is wonderful and sold the core sets in pairs and used the Outlaws as incentives (saying they come with the pair of core sets) rather than trying to resell them separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
Rumor is that FFP thought that retailers would prefer to wait until the entire package (mini & cards) was available so they could SELL it to new customers instead of delivering it to their customers who bought the pairs of core sets.

While the retailers got one Outlaw for each pair of core sets they bought as Kickstarters, there's no requirement that they sell their core sets in pairs or provide the Outlaw to customers who buy them.

Luckily my local retailer is wonderful and sold the core sets in pairs and used the Outlaws as incentives (saying they come with the pair of core sets) rather than trying to resell them separately.

That makes sense from an FFP perspective, but I will have to mantain that they should have let the retailer decide. Maybe they thought the retailer might lose the extra Outlaw stuff by the time the mini arrives.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
SirRoke wrote:

That makes sense from an FFP perspective, but I will have to mantain that they should have let the retailer decide. Maybe they thought the retailer might lose the extra Outlaw stuff by the time the mini arrives.

Jorune

Perhaps for the retail copies of outlaw they are intending to put it all in retail packaging which they cannot yet as the mini is not yet completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:

My hope was that FFP would send the cards and such WITH the retailer's copies of the core games. Then customers could buy the cores and get Outlaw stuff, minus the mini, just like regular KS backers.

I don't think any store would sell the core sets and hold the Outlaw parts waiting for the mini IF they were given to the same customer.

But yes, to sell the Outlaw by itself it makes sense to wait until the mini is also available. And it seems that FFP thinks more retailers are going to sell them next year as a complete (and separate item) to new customers rather than provide them to the core set buyers as part of purchasing the pair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Asurin
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added an extra outlaw to my pledge so I could sell it separately, I'm going to wait till I have them model before selling it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense to me that for retail the Outlaw comes as one whole, rules+model, rather than piecemeal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lagace
msg tools
Isn't the Outlaw Kickstarter exclusive only. So why would it need retail packaging?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Megabytecl wrote:
Isn't the Outlaw Kickstarter exclusive only. So why would it need retail packaging?

These are outlaws for stores who backed the kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.