Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't see anything regarding if a defender is behind an attacker and has line of site (therefore it doesn't need to move into a space to get los) is it as simple as just pivoting the miniature on his space and declaring an attack? (so thematically the attacker is facing the defender....also noting that there no special movement rules in regards to rotating for a small figure unlike large figures)

if so.....

how would that work with an at-st.....it would be like a free move seeing as they have special movement rules to rotate etc
or is it simply yes the at-st can attack someone behind him as long as there is los. (but doesn't rotate for thematic effect.....although my starwars knowledge is poor and dont even know if they can do it)

sorry if this seems dumb. Came up in a group discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Wimmer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IIRC the AT-ST is the only unit so far to have a firing arc. If the target is not in it's firing arc, it can't attack. Haven't got my copy yet so I can't quote the specifics though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
jacenat wrote:
IIRC the AT-ST is the only unit so far to have a firing arc. If the target is not in it's firing arc, it can't attack. Haven't got my copy yet so I can't quote the specifics though

This is incorrect. No figures - large or small - have any kind of facing. So yes - the AT-ST can attack "behind" itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jacenat wrote:

Weird can't find anywhere in the rules about it having a firing arc. The same would apply to the trooper with the big gun (as it's a large figure with special movement rules)and thematically for that guy attacking behind would be impossible or thematically wrong to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is it. The e-web. Ok at-st rotating turret.....fine...
.but e-web (fixed position) how do you represent him firing backwards without breaking the large figure rules for movement.dilemma!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just simply state that yes he is attacking in that direction.....just imagine he's facing that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's permission by omission. The Line of Sight rules explain you only need to trace a line from one corner of the attacker to two corners of the defender. It does not indicate that the corner you select on your own space must be facing the defender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no such thing as 'facing' in this game.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
There's no such thing as 'facing' in this game.

-shnar

I know ...... Just like to play thematicaly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the facing bothers you, turn the E-Web Engineer around. As most everyone else is saying, there are no facing rules and you should not try to infer any simply due to the design of the figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, picture the E-Web having a 360 "swing". It's nothing for the stormtrooper to just push it around to the other side and shoot. But to pick the whole tripod up and move it? Well, that's something else...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.