Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone make sleeves that would work for the player boards? I really don't want to laminate them.

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh yes, I second this. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Shaw

Central
msg tools
mbmb
Not perfect, but might work as a temporary/easily replaceable solution:

http://www.clearbags.com/4-5-16-x-9-5-8-no-flap-crystal-clea...

Or you could get some heavier weight plastic sheets, cut two pieces of the appropriate size per board, and find a place or person with one of those heat-sealing devices and seal on three sides for easy removal.
Or, if you're feeling really brave (), seal the boards inside. It wouldn't be laminated, meaning the plastic and could be (carefully!) cut off should you ever want to remove the boards/replace the covers.

Neither solution is ideal, but just a couple of ideas for your consideration.

EDIT: The other thing you could look into would be covers for first-day edition envelopes. Not sure what sizes they come in, but have vague memories of my mis-spent stamp-collecting youth in the UK that the size of the envelopes weren't too different from the player board size..?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just asking: what's wrong with laminating?
I do that all the time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
Just asking: what's wrong with laminating?
I do that all the time!

The permanancy of it.

There's always a chance I may not like the game, and people may not want it laminated so that would make it a bit harder to trade or sell.

I may not like the lamination or the way it looks, and once you laminate something you can't "unlaminate" it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found some great sleeves at Spiel, Essen. I believe they were from Panasia/Swan sleeves and were too long on one side, but with a cutter, it works perfectly.

EDIT: PanAsia/Swan sleeves 110mmX250mm (7 Wonders)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.