Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states

"Begining with the first player and proceeding clockwise, each player in turn executes their FIRST programmed Order.

Each player then carries out THE REMAINING FIVE ORDERS, beginning with the first player, followed by the player on their left and so on until the last player has played their sixth Order"

So it literally states that everyone plays action 1. Then the first player carries out their remaining 5 actions one after another, then the second player plays out their remaining 5 actions, then the third player playhs out their remaining five actions.

This doesn't sound right. Wouldn't each player perform their first action, then each player perform their second action in turn order, then each player perform their third action in turn order.

Am I right, does that sound poorly worded to anyone else? OR do you really just rotate around the table once and then everyone does 5 actions in a row, one at a time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of how it's worded, the intent is one action at a time, 1 - 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I thought it was meant to be played, just wanted to make sure. Very poorly worded IMO. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The turn example on page 19 of the rulebook indicates that kelann08's answer is right. The wording is indeed off. In fact, I'm pretty sure Grey Elephant Gaming played on their "live play" video the wrong way (1 action each player, then 5 actions back to back) when they first posted it, before the game got wide release. I remember thinking that was a bit off. But the video they have posted now (which was uploaded in November) has the right turn sequence. My memory might be betraying me though, and I might just be making this up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this legal:

At setup I placed my hero in a town with troops. Because there were 3 cities near by with troops on them I did:
1-recruit A
2-move to B
3-recruit B
4-move to C
5-recruit C
6-move

This is legal, right? I can't recruit in the same city, but I can recruit in 3 different cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Is this legal:

At setup I placed my hero in a town with troops. Because there were 3 cities near by with troops on them I did:
1-recruit A
2-move to B
3-recruit B
4-move to C
5-recruit C
6-move

This is legal, right? I can't recruit in the same city, but I can recruit in 3 different cities?
Yes, that is legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Is this legal:

1-recruit A
2-move to B
3-recruit B
4-move to C
5-recruit C
6-move

This example is why I house rule the setup. Once the tiles are shuffled, I add one recruitment center to the board at a time. If one coming out would ever lad adjacent to one already out, I discard the new one and keep drawing. Due to the fact you can only place one lord per city in the beginning, having one or more cities adjacent to another can create a massive advantage for the people who get to place there first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Schoukroun
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Dna_Boy wrote:
Is this legal:

1-recruit A
2-move to B
3-recruit B
4-move to C
5-recruit C
6-move

This example is why I house rule the setup. Once the tiles are shuffled, I add one recruitment center to the board at a time. If one coming out would ever lad adjacent to one already out, I discard the new one and keep drawing. Due to the fact you can only place one lord per city in the beginning, having one or more cities adjacent to another can create a massive advantage for the people who get to place there first.

I think your missing the whole point of the game
The goal is to be able to come after your oponent for recruiting, in order to have better units.
If you start, say one city after the first guy, you'll be able to have the same action as him (maybe recruit one less) but you'll have technicaly better units, granting you better rewards.
When it comes to recruiting, the more you wait, the better the unit.
If all the recruitment tiles are scattered across the whole board in the beginning, it will make a pretty boring couple of turns...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.