Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first real scenario (200 pts) we played my girlfriend and I. Using some of the hastily made felt, foam, and cardboard terrain we made, we created a map and invented a scenario for it.

The evil sheriff is piling tax collection money in his house. Robin, Little John, Friar Tuck, and a few other outlaws decide they will get it back. They need to reach the house, spend 3 activations at the door (getting the money) and run the hell out. Of course, the sheriff and his band won't let them do that! Here is a picture of the setup and another one of the sheriff's band:

After 3-4 turns, our guys are pretty spread out on the map. We have no leaders and so there is no group activation. One of my infantrymen stayed behind the whole game

Still, there is some nice action going on in the field, with Little John confronting the sheriff directly!

At the same time, Robin, Friar Tuck and a few other outlaws are trying to sneak around the barn.

Nice try guys, but when Robin breaks his cover, a fight ensues. Robin kills an infantryman and evades a few arrows, buy he gets cleaved by a shiny knight.

The righteous mission didn't end well for Robin. That is what you get for meddling in the affairs of corrupted law officials! Another lesson learned on the battlefield, albeit too late for the regretted hooded outlaw.

First mission was a success on another front, however. My girlfriend quite liked the system, so we will have more Robin Hood adventures with SoBH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. What paper minis are they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weateallthepies wrote:
Nice. What paper minis are they?

They are Gwendel's paper minis, which you can find here: http://www.gwindel.eu/Autre/Figs/Figurines.html

Scroll down the page and click on Prince John's figure (the mounted knight in red and yellow raising an axe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I was looking for something like that recently.

Great report, I really like quick DIY stuff like this. Need to get something for a grass surface though, keepign an eye out for some cheap green cloth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weateallthepies wrote:

Great report, I really like quick DIY stuff like this. Need to get something for a grass surface though, keepign an eye out for some cheap green cloth.

In case you didn't know that site, www.onemonk.com has lots of paper minis for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaroonedMorlock wrote:
weateallthepies wrote:

In case you didn't know that site, www.onemonk.com has lots of paper minis for free.

Yeah I've got a few from there already, really like his stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weateallthepies wrote:

How to make a supercheap gaming terrain (W.I.P.) cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
parduz wrote:
weateallthepies wrote:

How to make a supercheap gaming terrain (W.I.P.) cool

Thanks, nice idea. I could probably get something like that working fairly easily.

I'm currently using a magnetic whiteboard. All the paper minis are mounted on these small adhesive magnets, and the terrain is either made with magnetic paper or has magnetic strips stuck to it.

Works well but prety much limited to 15mm and down which means paper minis don't really look as good.

Advantage is you can pretty much play it on the wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris reichl

Appleton
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked your game and photos. Nicely done! Especially with Patrick's mini's. I use some of those for my own SOBH but I don't have the latest version. Much less minis...but oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For that game, we did not use the free movement rule (your models can do one automatic move INSTEAD of rolling for activations if they are further than 2x long from any non-fallen non-transfixed enemy model. We didn't use group activations either.

Both will make more enjoyable scenarios (and deployments less prone to luck) in the future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.