Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Among the Stars:The Ambassadors
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook it says that in order to take an anslavement action in Africa, you have to have a fleet there.

But there are no tokens with Slaves on them in Africa. Only two with Pop.

Slave tokens exist only in America IIRC. So you need a fleet for America or the Pop tokens in Africa are Slave tokens? Or both?

thnx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
"Pop" tokens needn't a ship in the colony where the token is (to be "colonized", i.e. converted into one of your control tokens); you must simply pay a Population point.

"Slaves" tokens need a ship in Africa (to be "colonized", i.e. converted into one of your control tokens).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So to turn the slave token in South America into a control token i have to have a ship in Africa but no ship in South America. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yes (also note that converting "Pop" tokens costs you one Population point, while converting "Slaves" tokens doesn't).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thnx, we played it incorrectly in our first game though......

Nobody had ships in Africa Except one player controlling it. Hopefully only one slave token appeared on the board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
>doesn't cost

That's true. But it's not entirely free. Keeping that extra fleet always off the coast of Africa does cost you maintenance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
"Pop" tokens need a ship in the colony where the token is (to be "colonized", i.e. converted into one of your control tokens).
"Slaves" tokens need a ship in Africa (to be "colonized", i.e. converted into one of your control tokens).

I don't think you meant to include the first para of this response (your answer to the post which followed this would have given you an opportunity to reinforce the point but you declined). You do not need to have a ship off the coast of an overseas area where you are converting a "pop" counter into an influence counter of your own. Only the movement of army/fort units require a ship at their intended destinations (when moving from Europe to the colonies or from one colony to another).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yeah, sorry!
I'll edit above and wirte it shortly again here:

-) POP = pay 1 Population point. Nothing else is needed (ships are irrelevant).
-) SLAVES = you must have a ship in Africa (no Population is paid, no ship needed in the "destination" colony).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.