7 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Dices of Same Character rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Nilsson
msg tools
Hello
Lets say i have two Novas Quasar out and i get hit with Force Beam, Do i draw one Dice's or do i draw two dice ?
Or more to the point, does two dices count as 2 of the same Hero, or is it still just the one hero card.
To me it looks like some people call the dice the Character and some say its the Card that is the hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be confusing because sometimes the Character refers to dice and sometimes it refers to a card.

In all cases of "While Active," you don't count each die. But in most other cases you do. Essentially, you have two Nova characters out in the field, and each one has a special ability.

You would resolve them both, unless the card said "while active". So one each of your two Nova Quasars take damage, each one lets you draw a die for a total of two dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Nilsson
msg tools
Thats actually a good, simple and accurate thing to go for. Thanks that helped alot, thing it will answer all my questions just not for nova
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hazze83 wrote:
Hello
Lets say i have two Novas Quasar out and i get hit with Force Beam, Do i draw one Dice's or do i draw two dice ?
Or more to the point, does two dices count as 2 of the same Hero, or is it still just the one hero card.
To me it looks like some people call the dice the Character and some say its the Card that is the hero.
It all depends on the ability.

If an ability is worded "While this character is active..." then it's effects only happen 1 time, no matter how many dice you have fielded.

Example 1:
Doctor Doom 'Reed Richards' Rival' - While Doctor Doom is active, each non-villain character gets -1A and -1D.

So, whether you have 1 Doctor Doom die in play, or 4, each non-villain still only gets -1A and -1D.

All "while active" abilities work the same way.

All the other abilities happen when a Character Die meets the criteria.

Example 2:
Nova 'Quasar' - Each time Nova takes damage, you may draw one die and put it in your prep area.

So, each time a Nova die takes damage, you resolve the ability. In your Force Beam example above, if you had 2 Nova dice in play, and they each took 2 damage, then you would resolve his ability 2 times.

The last type of ability is the kind that gives a bonus for other characters in play. These ones only count unique characters.

Example 3:
Mystique 'Raven Darkholme' - Mystique gets +1A and +1D for each other villain in the field.

So 1 Green Goblin die, 2 Venom dice, and 1 Mystique, Raven Darkholme die, would result in Mystique getting +2A and +2D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Nilsson
msg tools
U sure about that on Mystique. That could be interrupt that she would get +3 instea. Because it says each other villain in the field, not each other active villain in the field.

And btw about Nova Quasar. If he is blocked by 2 sidekicks or heros, do he draw two dice ? It is damage from 2 diffrent places but doesnt that damage happen all at once ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Metelo
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hazze83 wrote:
Thats actually a good, simple and accurate thing to go for. Thanks that helped a lot, thing it will answer all my questions just not for nova

Unfortunately, that was a good practice until WK started putting out FAQ, and making rules on the forums that make the game text inconsistent.

At least over the last 2 weeks or so, they started taking the templating more seriously, and point out out to how the text should read to make the game consistent.

Hopefully, future sets will take care of it, and we will have a errata database for the cards that were made pre-formal templating is properly applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hazze83 wrote:
U sure about that on Mystique. That could be interrupt that she would get +3 instea. Because it says each other villain in the field, not each other active villain in the field.
Yes, I'm sure. I copied and pasted it from the official forums here.
Quote:
And btw about Nova Quasar. If he is blocked by 2 sidekicks or heros, do he draw two dice ? It is damage from 2 diffrent places but doesnt that damage happen all at once ?
When a character takes damage from blocked characters, you add up all the attacks, and apply it as one set of damage. So, Nova getting blocked by 2 characters would still only get you 1 die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.