Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious--

Who would like to see this game reissued for the old west usa (wells fargo, western union, pony express, outlaws) or made as a sequel game
Thurn and Taxis: Old West USA?

It just seems to me that this game was destined to be set in that environment. I guess if no retail version of that comes out, someone could come up with a home-made version for the Old West USA.

Everyone be well!

Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea, and one I like. That would be very cool. Only thing is, if it is just a theme change and everything else remained unchanged, it is unlikely I would buy one since I just bought T&T. I think many others would feel the same way. If it was truly different from T&T with new features etc., like in the case of the Ticket To Ride games, I could justify buying such a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that probably would be best. A sequel in the TTR-Europe way, etc.
Good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some possible ideas for such a sequel could include:

Contested areas

A few of the connections between the cities would be shown as dotted lines rather than solid. These connections represent contested areas. In the deck of city cards for each city's three cards, two would show a pony express rider in the bottom right hand corner and one would show a pistol. When a player tries to score a route that uses one or more of these connections he must flip over the top card of the city deck. If it shows a rider he may continue to close and score his route as normal, but if a pistol is displayed he may not close and score the route on this turn.

Painted Lady

There is one more "official," the painted lady, whose ability allows a player to delay having to play a card onto his route on this turn (and possibly prevent from having to scrub a route). As payment for her services though, you must instead discard a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Yeah, this is a very cool idea.
I'm somewhat surprised that the game wasn't rethemed for the US, I guess the SdJ might be enough to convince people regardless of the subject matter.
Don't get me wrong, I love the original version but the Wild West theme would dovetail nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zx80 wrote:
Yeah, this is a very cool idea.
I'm somewhat surprised that the game wasn't rethemed for the US,

me too. The ideas that Matt put forth just now and the creative juices of many people will hopefully lead to this OLD WEST theme becoming a reality!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Pony Express version would be an excellent idea. Hopefully someone at Rio Grande catches wind of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevellion II
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The Wild West would be an excellent theme. What a great idea. I would definetly want a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering if anything will come of this. Sometimes it saddens me when I think my words will have no effect. I suppose the designers can't go with this now, because they'll say I might sue or something silly. I hereby waive any rights to this idea. How's that? Now, I hope something comes of this...from the designers or the fans.

Everyone be well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we allowed to bump threads here???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly a year ago, Jay Tummelson said on a podcast interview that the Seyfarth's were working on an American variant of T&T for RGG. Anyone know if this project is still active?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's been awhile since anyone has said anythng about this subject, lol. Anyhow, I had mentioned to my gaming group that I wish there was an American style expansion for T&T as well. I never thought of an Old West theme though... That does sound sweet though! No, I thought a 13 Colonies theme would be pretty cool. That's my two cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.