Popular Tags: graphic_design [+] [View All]
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys can let me know if what I'm asking about is unreasonable. But, my wife and I have recently started hosting a gaming group in our home once a month. We've been gaming with a number of these folks for years. But, we've just decided to formalize the gatherings. Anyway, we live near a large reservoir of water. We're calling our group the Reservoir Boardgaming Group. Original, don't you think? I'd like to have a cool logo for our flyers. What I have in mind is simply the initials 'RBG', where the 'G' is a stylized sailboat. The large curve of the 'G' could be the billowing sail of the boat. Any amateur graphic designers out there care to take a shot at it? Any effort would be considered and greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Scotty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☃ daniel ☃
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact the Cyber D-Sign Clan, they may take you on as a pro-bono client.
http://www.kwota.net/cdc/template.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kelley
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I thought about how you might do this and made a quick sketch. It might be a good starting point anyway. Hope this helps and good luck with your game group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I showed this to my wife who is a graphic designer and she whipped this up for you.

Hi Scotty! I hope you like the logo. :0)
This is a low resolution image. The full-size image is crystal clear and the sailboat has the same inner white line as the R and B. If you would like to use it as your own, I would be more than happy to make a variety of graphics for you...letterheads, different colored logos, 'business' cards~ whatever you would like. Feel free to email me at jancrowleydesigns@yahoo.com and we can chat about it. Totally free, of course!
Take care~ Jan (wife of the geek who's posting this for me) :0)
And happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Langer
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you haven't settled on a design yet, I'd really like to try a few out for you, free of charge, of course. Right now I only have a myspace site (since a lot of bands are in need of graphic designers) I'm in the process of getting more designs up in the pictures section. The site is:

http://www.myspace.com/hemlockmedia

Give me about a day or two and I can have something good for you. If you could send me an email also at hemlockmedia@yahoo.com, then I could simply send you something as soon as it's done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am searching for something similar for my game group. I whipped up a crappy logo which you can see here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OSBG

But I was actually wanting something sort of like Mike Doyle's Carcassonne meeples with a meeple wearing a collared white blue or red Ole Miss Shirt and khaki or black pants. Those nike dri fit shirts look basically like this if you want a frame of reference.

IMAGE REMOVED

I tried modifying some of his designs, but the results were miserable failures. I even asked him if he would be willing to do it for a humble fee, but he declined (Which I understand).

If anybody wants to volunteer to do so I'd be willing to even purchase and send you out a game of your choice (for around up to $50) to a US address, or else possibly paypal you a little bit of cash (A similar amount) for your trouble.

I also have a non-profit organization I'm working with and might consider hiring you for a title graphic for another web page as well, (That would be better paid of course).

Sorry if you think I'm hijacking the thread. But it's odd that I've been looking for something similar and this came up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a response! Everything looks great. I'll share all efforts with the group and see what they like. I'm really blown away by how generous this community is. I'll email those who submitted work.

SybotCB, I don't mind you jumping into the action at all. Although, as a die-hard Mississippi State fan, I object to having any reference to that other school in my threads. Before this past weekend, I actually thought the egg bowl would be one of the only games we’d have a chance to win this year.

I think it is really funny that two guys from Mississippi are both looking for free graphic design work. Maybe we can pretend that we spent our 'art budget' on rebuilding from Katrina. I'm from Tupelo originally. If I'm ever up near Oxford, I'll look for the red & blue meeple waving a rebel flag. By the same token, if you're ever in the Brandon area, drop me a line. We host a group every 4th Friday and attend another group in Jackson (Belhaven) every 2nd Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
otscotty wrote:
SybotCB, I don't mind you jumping into the action at all. Although, as a die-hard Mississippi State fan, I object to having any reference to that other school in my threads. Before this past weekend, I actually thought the egg bowl would be one of the only games we’d have a chance to win this year.

I'm not sure what could have happened this past weekend that would have changed your thoughts on whether or not you could win the egg bowl. The fact that you were entertaining thoughts about winning the egg bowl is ludicrus anyway

We normally don't really think about MSU and the egg bowl till that week anyway, usually are thoughts are preoccupied with hating LSU too much throughout the year. After that game. We can think about beating the lesser rival.

Good luck getting your game group off the ground. I'm having some trouble finding regulars to show up here, but we'll get there eventually.

Seriously though, are you coming into town Egg bowl weekend? Perhaps we could get together then.

I think it is really funny that two guys from Mississippi are both looking for free graphic design work. Maybe we can pretend that we spent our 'art budget' on rebuilding from Katrina. I'm from Tupelo originally. If I'm ever up near Oxford, I'll look for the red & blue meeple waving a rebel flag. By the same token, if you're ever in the Brandon area, drop me a line. We host a group every 4th Friday and attend another group in Jackson (Belhaven) every 2nd Friday.
[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
sybotcb~ feel free to email me. if you would send me some clearer references, i'm sure i can come up with what you're looing for. just let me know. and if you want to see my other work, click here:

http://www.thedigichick.com/boutique/index.php?manufacturers...&

or email me: jancrowleydesigns@yahoo.com

~jan (wife of geek)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Among the Stars:The Ambassadors
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok i am smiling now.......

thnx for making my day with your free (and really good btw) contributions.

Internet is a good place and BGG is rpopably the most comfortable corner in it.

Goodmorning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I have anything much clearer.

Like I said I tried some stuff myself, mostly working from Mike Doyle's Meeples at first. I didn't get very far before I decided I wouldn't be able to do it. I have no idea about graphic design at all.

I started with something like this.
IMAGE REMOVED

But went to something like this.
IMAGE REMOVED

I think I like the looks of a yellow meeple with a red shirt and blue pants. But I wanted some sort of Nike Dri-Fit style stripes on the shirt and a hint at the Ole Miss Logo (Obscure of course) on the meeples left breast. And the more I edited the worse it got. I'm not really a photoshop or graphics kind of person which is probably the hinderance.

Of course, I should note. I was going to nix the beard and glasses from the bottom one, but hadn't gotten that far yet. Edges started blurring awful bad as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
I'm not sure I have anything much clearer.

Like I said I tried some stuff myself, mostly working from Mike Doyle's Meeples at first. I didn't get very far before I decided I wouldn't be able to do it. I have no idea about graphic design at all.

Well I'm no graphic designer, but I whipped up this in a few minutes. If you like it and would like bigger versions and/or some modifications, contact me via pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So cool yet so wrong - Meeple Chavs!

CHRIS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously, you have more skills than I do, can you make the pants blue, and the shirt red, and make the stripe white.

If so I think that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
Obviously, you have more skills than I do, can you make the pants blue, and the shirt red, and make the stripe white.

If so I think that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help everyone. Jason and I have worked everything out and I am very happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Langer
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Hey Scotty,

I'm thinking something like this. It's a little different than the original idea. Just let me know if you like the direction I'm going with it.

Joseph Langer
Hemlock Media
www.myspace.com/hemlockmedia
hemlockmedia@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm certainly glad that I posted my original request. I'll present all the work submitted (and any additional submissions that come in) to the group on October 27th. We'll take a vote and I'll post the results of the vote here. In any case, I'm really excited to have received such an excellent response. Thanks to all who have responded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.