Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one, hopefully one of the last from me blush

I'm a bit confused with a Gandalf card question after re-reading the french and english rules and Chris Lawson's ruleset as well...

#1, It says: "At any time during the game, any one player can call Gandalf for help by discarding shields with a total value of five (the five shields must all come from the same player). The Active player then decides which of the Gandalf cards to use and how to apply it."

So tell me if I get this right:
>Player B is the active player.
>During Player B's turn, Player A declares he's gonna ask Gandalf's help (probably as a result of a discussion between the party members), so Player A spends 5 shield tokens.
>Player B (the active player) is the one who has the final word on which Gandalf card to use, is that right? Or is the person paying the cost deciding which card to use?

#2, Any card beggining with "One player ..." can be used on any players, right?

So, we would get something like this:

>Player B is that active player
>As a result of Player's B event tile, the party would require a Gandalf card to prevent something bad, so Player A decides to buy one, spending 5 shield tokens.
>Player B's turn is halted
>Player B chooses one of the card with "One player..." text.
>Player B plays the card, specifying it should be effective on Player C
>Card effect is resolved on Player C
>Player B resumes his turn.

I re-read the rules for the 3rd time yesterday and I can't beleive how many things we didn't apply/played correctly our last 2 games... no wonder we didn't make it to the 3rd board on both games!

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
You're right.
Gandalf is called by anyone, the exact effect is selected by the Active player, and the benefit can help anyone.
This shouldn't matter much (apart the "can help anyone" bit) since you should be totally cooperating.
Have fun! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.