Subject: Shadow Cards dealt by effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When an effect deals a Shadow Card (or more) to an enemy in the Staging Area, or to an enemy, that has attacked this turn already, will that card just stay with the enemy until (at some point, possibly a couple turns later) it attacks?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the last step of the Combat phase to discard all unresolved shadow cards? (which would also be the point where shadow cards dealt to forest snared enemies would be discarded)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any shadow cards dealt to an enemy are discarded at the end of the combat phase, regardless wether the enemy has attacked this phase or not.

If an enemy attacks outside of the combat phase (being engaged or in the staging area) the FAQ reads:
Quote:
(1.26) Enemy attacks outside of the combat phase:
If an enemy attacks outside of the combat phase, it is still dealt a shadow card at the beginning of the attack. Then follow the 4 steps under Phase 6 “Combat” in the rules.
Any shadow cards dealt to the attacking enemy are discarded after the attack resolves.

I hope this answers your question.

edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Boggs
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A shadow card is discarded after the combat is completed, even if the combat happens in the questing phase (for example)

However the shadow effect might last until the end of the round, so you need to be aware of that for any combat that occurs later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thank you!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurgen Koller
Australia
Cherrybrook
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Underground Empire
badge
Explorer
mbmbmbmbmb
LordRorthorn wrote:
However the shadow effect might last until the end of the round, so you need to be aware of that for any combat that occurs later.

Where do the rules state this? I would have thought that once the shadow card is discarded after the attack, its effect no longer applies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
rustylantern wrote:
LordRorthorn wrote:

Where do the rules state this? I would have thought that once the shadow card is discarded after the attack, its effect no longer applies.

That would be the normal situation, probably. But, if a card explicitly states its effect applies until the end of the round, it's an instance of the golden rule - card effect trumps general rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Boggs
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rustylantern wrote:
LordRorthorn wrote:

As mentioned, the card itself would say 'until the end of the round'. To be honest I couldn't say for sure if there is any shadow effect that does say that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janis Goldmanis
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had played it wrong for the past two years.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/lotr/lord-of-the-rings-c...

I had always left 2nd shadow card for Dol Guldur Beast Master for the next round, where he would have 2 shadow cards, but only 1 shadow card for the first attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.