Rattlebones» Forums » General

Subject: Celebrating 10 years of gaming in full circle, with Stephen Glenn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just realised something. On December 19th 2004 I bought my first game. It was Balloon Cup and it represented the start of what has turned out to be one of the best things in my life (this gaming lark). On December 16th, almost 10 years later, I bought Rattlebones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
inuitmyth909 wrote:
We just realised something. On December 19th 2004 I bought my first game. It was Balloon Cup and it represented the start of what has turned out to be one of the best things in my life (this gaming lark). On December 16th, almost 10 years later, I bought Rattlebones

Congrats! Here are 10GG, for the 10 years "anniversary".

Your post made me realize I'm in almost exactly the same time-frame (if not the same designer-symmetrycool).
Late November 2004 I bought my first modern game, Carcassonne, an impulse buy at a holiday game kiosk at the local mall.
10 years later, ~200-owned-games later, ~1000 plays of ~350 games later, I'm still not tired of "these games of ours" laugh
My "10-year-purchase" was Agricola All Creatures Big and Small, late November 2014... (and turns out to be a huge hit with my better half, highly recommended as a couples game!)
(Unfortunately no newly-published Klaus-Jurgen Wrede games to be found - I guess I could go for the new Hills & Sheep Carc expansion to celebrate)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't quite make the same claim, but it was around 10-ish years ago that I started realizing there was this wonderful world of games, and I distinctly remember Balloon cup standing out in my mind as one of those games that made this hobby seem so new and appealing to me. Why? Because someone made a game about hot air balloons! It was so strangely cool to me at the time. Unfortunately, I somehow missed out on ballon cup but did get it in its other form: PiƱata. My wife and I really enjoy it. Also, Rattlebones should be arriving on my doorstep tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
You remember the date you bought your first game? Impressive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.