Hide
8 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » Rules

Subject: Auto-revolver and equip rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marcin swiderski
msg tools
The text on the card says.You may equip this Gadget as a Shootout play (pay all costs). Does it mean we can also trade AR between dudes as a shootout play, apart from obvious ability of inventing it during shootout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The card specifically says that it can be equipped as a shootout play, but it doesn't state that it can be traded as a shootout play. When a card breaks the normal game rules it only breaks those rules in such a way as is specifically stated on the card. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin swiderski
msg tools
troybowers wrote:
No. The card specifically says that it can be equipped as a shootout play, but it doesn't state that it can be traded as a shootout play. When a card breaks the normal game rules it only breaks those rules in such a way as is specifically stated on the card. Hope that helps.

The question was asked by one of the members of our polish fb group.It is probably a case when something is really obvious for a native speaker. In our interpretation a dude always equips item even as a result of a trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put this in a deck, and am baffled as to how it is useful. Does the MS you attempt to attach it to boot as usual? For +1 draw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin swiderski
msg tools
Windopaene wrote:
I just put this in a deck, and am baffled as to how it is useful. Does the MS you attempt to attach it to boot as usual? For +1 draw?

Yes, you also have to be in a location you control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:

If you have another dude in the shootout, you get the additional draw.

So James Ghetty + Travis Moone becomes 2 Stud and with travis gets 2 draw.

so instead of 1stud/1 draw you get 2 stud/2 draw. Pretty sweet deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin swiderski
msg tools
davido wrote:
Windopaene wrote:

I thought that if James would be equipped with AR he would became 2 stud, then after discarding 1 card for Travis you would redraw two ( 1 Travis +1 for AR).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swider33 wrote:
davido wrote:
Windopaene wrote:

I thought that if James would be equipped with AR he would became 2 stud, then after discarding 1 card for Travis you would redraw two ( 1 Travis +1 for AR).

Yeppers, you do gain 2 cards, but as you note, you only discard 1.
I was stating the net redraw. sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.