John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw some boosters for avengers at my local target - I've purchased two starters for uncanny, is it worth grabbing avenger boosters or should I stick with just uncanny? I'm unclear how the compatability works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can mix just fine. Be aware for casual games you can use the dice from avx with the matching characters in Uncanny but when it comes to a tournament the dice have to match the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are compatable.

However, officially, AvX dice must only be used with AvX cards and UXM dice must be used on UXM cards.

Also, you can't use more than one version of the same character, even if they are from different sets.

Those conditions being met, your squad can include heroes/villains/actions from both AvX and UXM. Feel free to mix and match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the heroes the same then? Are the dice differet colors? I was only going to grab a few- but if it's going to be wonky I can just hold out for a gravity feed or uxm boosters

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
Are the heroes the same then?

There is some overlap, but there are lots of different characters in the 2 sets. Think of all of it like one huge set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Not all the heroes are the same, but some are. For example, both sets have Captain America and Storm. The heroes are the same, but they are still different versions of the characters with different rules. The dice are the same, but different color.

There are many heroes, however, unique to their set. For example, UXM does not have any equivalent of Nick Fury or Green Goblin, while AvX has no Marvel Girl or Iceman. Both sets have a Cyclops, however, and the Cyclops versions are different in each set (but they have the same dice stats).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:

Not all the heroes are the same, but some are. For example, both sets have Captain America and Storm. The heroes are the same, but they are still different versions of the characters with different rules. The dice are the same, but different color.

There are many heroes, however, unique to their set. For example, UXM does not have any equivalent of Nick Fury or Green Goblin, while AvX has no Marvel Girl or Iceman. Both sets have a Cyclops, however, and the Cyclops versions are different in each set (but they have the same dice stats).

Ah ok. I think I would rather have all the dice be the same color for any given hero - less confusion (for me). I'll just wait. Thank you for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.