The Barbarossa Campaign» Forums » General

Subject: The Barbarossa Campaign Gold Banner Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Turn to the Dark Side
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates that can be given? I'm not looking for release dates - it will be done when it's done, I know that and will patiently and happily wait for it. I'm just wondering about any kind of updates such as, is it currently being worked on or is it on hold right now while other projects are being finished. Or maybe any chance of a sneak peak of new (work in progress of course) artwork for the gold banner edition? Any info appreciated, it's a great game and I'm really looking forward to the 2nd edition of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Did you see yesterday's comment in the thread So new version is in the works , how long till its ready??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turn to the Dark Side
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I didn't catch that, thanks for pointing it out! Looks like it will be a while yet. No problem, I have my current edition to keep me happy for now!

Now, about The World Will Hold it's Breath......devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Actually, we have that on the playtest table right now; the developer and designer a skyping about it even as I type.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turn to the Dark Side
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crow! wow Alan, you just made me mess my pants a little! I've been VERY interested in this one since learning about it. I can't wait to hear more info as it moves along! So this is being worked on right now?! Very excellent news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

Actually, we have that on the playtest table right now; the developer and designer a skyping about it even as I type.

Alan Emrich

We've been holding our breath for this one for far too long! This is one is very much anticipated Alan! Can't wait......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
The developer is giving Breath a workout. He started WWII by NOT declaring Nazi-Soviet pact, invading Denmark and then turtling and waiting for Allies to come to him. Stalin failed to Entente with West, meaning he did not declare war with the West despite no Pact, and so the Germans have been free to burrow while the Western Alliance sitzkrieged and Italy stayed neutral.
However now in late 1940 or so Stalin has gotten his nerve together and declared war while the Western Alliance launched Operation Jupiter and invaded Norway.
So things are heating up!
It is the job of the developer to push extreme player behavior and see if he can "break" the game. so far it is withstanding the assault..but can he?

Luke Hughes (designer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turn to the Dark Side
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must....have....this....game..... The wait is a killer! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lhughes41 wrote:
The developer is giving Breath a workout. He started WWII ...
Luke Hughes (designer)

What is this game being spoken of...I see no entry for it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Geoff,
It's Solitaire WWII ETO, playable in an afternoon. Being developed with Victory Point Games. There is not yet a BGG entry but if you want more information you can find it at the consim board for the game :
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd5078b/0

The goal is to give you the strategic sandbox experience of WWII in a fashion you might experience with a game like Totaler Krieg, but in a much smaller time footprint (is that a metaphor?). We call it a "mini-monster" :-)

Luke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds very intriguing! Needs an entry here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will create an official BGG at the appropriate juncture -- typically when we have some final art to show.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Interesting that VPG will be publishing another solitaire WW2 game!

But you can never have too many of those - sounds good and I look forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates? Trying to hold off on the current version so as not to get scooped by the Gold Banner version, but my will is faltering...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Development quagmire; not with this game in particular, but with a loss of in-house developer firepower to get more games done.

TBC is still on our radar, but there's a lot of other blips to take care of, too!!

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.