Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've finally snagged a copy of every card (got mega-lucky getting a Gobby and Wolverine by picking up a hand-full of boosters on a few at my FLGS and my booster box contained a Tsarina!) and I'd like to pull together a few decks for what I'd call "competitive casual."

What I mean by this is that I'd like to have two REALLY good decks to demo this to friends and play casually with competitive cards. To use a MtG example, I'm not trying to play with a couple of pre-con decks, but two tournament-worthy decks.

From my experience with CCGs, there are often very different archetypes that could be competitive (i.e. control and aggro). Is there any equivalent for Dice Masters? Is there a resource out there that posts tournament reports?

Sorry if this is already out there, I didn't any question quite like it. And thanks in advance for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You got every card before finding out that there are deck archetypes? Wow. That's what I call commitment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha... Yes, I've been playing casually, but haven't researched the community/competitive scene, so I don't know what the field looks like. I can see some archetypes based upon what I've put together, but was wondering if there were some predominant builds out there (netdecks).

As far as commitment, I ended up with a full set by picking up a gravity feed at launch, augmenting with a dozen packs here and there, and getting a couple rares from CSI. It's not a very big set when you compare to CCGs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.