M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

When playing Seoni, one can attack with Seoin while using the ability Arcane and in parallel discarding 1 card.

Seoni has the power:
"For your combat check, you may discard a card to roll your Arcane Die +1D6..."
Seoni has "Arcane: Charisma + 2". Her Charisma is a D12.

Finally I can attack with Seoni using a D12 +2. -> but I have to discard a card, correct?!

The case: There is a spell in the base set (since I´m having the German version I do not know the English name for the spell), that allows me to use this spell for a fight,while adding 2D4 and "energy" to your arcane ability.

My question: As Seoni is having Arcanes: Charisma(D12) +2 is it enough to play this card/spell while playing with Seoni in order to get D12 + 2 (= Charisma - Arcabe) + 2D4 (Spell)

OR

do I have to discard a card in order to get the basic spell of Seoni, which is Charisma/Arcane, the abilities to use it in a fight AND only after this I can play the spell card....

Or in other words: Seoni can only attack by herself with Arcane, when she discards a card in parallel.
The spell card can be used in a fight and adds 2D4. Is Seoni automatically in a fight and can use the Carisma/Arcane D12 + 2 while in parallel using this spell card to add additionally 2D4 OR does Seoni has to remove a card in order to use her basic skills in a fight and after discarding 1 card one can use the spell card?

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Jones
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need to discard a card if you're playing a regular spell. Those are separate powers, and you're choosing one or the other. If you don't have a spell to play, you can use that power... it's not as effective as a regular spell, but you can discard any card to play it. If you do have a spell, that's usually going to give you a better attack roll and you can recharge it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your reply!

(1)
My initial thoughts were, that Seoni only can use her Charisma (D12 + 2) in a fight, when she discards 1 card. Only after that she will gain the abilities; Attack, Fire and Magic.

(2)
In parallel this specific spell card can only be used in a fight in order to add to a die roll of Arcane 2D4 and in addition the ability "Energy".

(3)
So my thoughts were: If I do not discard a card, Seoni won`t get the abilities Attack, Fire and Magic on Charisma, that she needs in order to attack in general. The spell card will add 2D4, but will also only add the ability "energy". So without discarding before, she would only use this spell on her "basic" charisma, which is not having the abilities "Attack", "Fire" and "Magic".

Anyhow: I think that you were very clear:
I can play that specific spell on Seoni`s Charisma whithout discarding a card of my hands before to use Charisma in a fight.

Many thanks again.

Kind regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:
When playing Seoni, one can attack with Seoin while using the ability Arcane and in parallel discarding 1 card.

Seoni has the power:
"For your combat check, you may discard a card to roll your Arcane Die +1D6..."
Seoni has "Arcane: Charisma + 2". Her Charisma is a D12.

Finally I can attack with Seoni using a D12 +2. -> but I have to discard a card, correct?!
No, if you use the Power you list above, you discard a card & you get an Attack with 1D12+1D6+2
Quote:
The case: There is a spell in the base set (since I´m having the German version I do not know the English name for the spell), that allows me to use this spell for a fight,while adding 2D4 and "energy" to your arcane ability.
If you use this spell, you get an attack with 1D12+2D4+2 and Energy, by discarding (or Recharging) the Spell Card.

The two are separate things, you use one or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you thumbsup

We played it correctly, but we weren`t quite sure about it.
...but now we are
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.