Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this game and played a couple and for some reason I can't get my head around the rules for combat.

Ok, let me see...

a neutral city:
- If the neutral city is 300 strong, then 3 fate cards are drawn and none are returned, correct?
- Your Noble draws his cards, let say 5, and return 2 cards. So he ends up with 3 as well.
- Now the cards are played. Let us say NO victory point cards are played and some of my nobles troops survive. But I do 300 damage on the city. What happens now? 3 breach tokens are placed on that city and I take it over? I'm asking because I never played any victory points.
- What if I only played victory points but no damage cards? And I am at least 1 victory point greater than the neutral city, do I win it that way also?

What about mobilize forces? Can you move any number of your unexhausted Nobles? And what if one Noble just moves yet another Noble moves and attacks, what special phase section do you place it in, wages or assembly?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
BooChihuahua wrote:
- If the neutral city is 300 strong, then 3 fate cards are drawn and none are returned, correct?

Correct.

Quote:
- Your Noble draws his cards, let say 5, and return 2 cards. So he ends up with 3 as well.

Correct.

Quote:
- Now the cards are played. Let us say NO victory point cards are played and some of my nobles troops survive. But I do 300 damage on the city. What happens now? 3 breach tokens are placed on that city and I take it over?

Yes.

Quote:
- What if I only played victory points but no damage cards? And I am at least 1 victory point greater than the neutral city, do I win it that way also?

Yes.

Quote:
What about mobilize forces? Can you move any number of your unexhausted Nobles? And what if one Noble just moves yet another Noble moves and attacks, what special phase section do you place it in, wages or assembly?

Mobilize Forces activates an area. Any Noble that you move must move to the activated area. They can not go to different places.

I don't understand why you would move two Nobles to the same area but only attack with one.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
a neutral city:

Correct. There is no Noble in the city, so no cards are drawn.

Quote:

Yes.

Quote:
- Now the cards are played. Let us say NO victory point cards are played and some of my nobles troops survive. But I do 300 damage on the city. What happens now? 3 breach tokens are placed on that city and I take it over? I'm asking because I never played any victory points.

Three breach tokens are placed on the city and (as long as your Noble survived) you capture the city. See Capturing a City via Assault at the top-left corner of page 17. If all the defending forces are destroyed, and there are atting forces remaining, the city is captured.

Quote:

Yes. Same reference. There are two ways to capture the city via assault. This latter case allows you to capture without damaging its defenses.

Quote:

The conceptual key Mobilize Forces is that you are activating an area not Nobles.
1) Choose an area to activate.
2) Move any desired Nobles (within movement range) to that area.
3) If desired, begin a battle in that area.
4) Exhaust any Nobles involved in steps 2 and/or 3.

If you used both steps 2 and 3, even if with different Nobles, then you choose which Special Phase area (Wages or Assembly) to assign the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.