Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Fuller
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I'm in one of those little mind loops in regards to the rules and would just like some clarification for peace of mind.

Is it possible to send Dietl to Narvik on the same turn as DE DS? I understand it requires a Blitz HQ (Long-range Invasion) to get to Narvik in the first place, so you wouldn't be able to do it with just one HQ. However, lets say you also expend other HQ to get Dietl up there on the move following the arrival of the Mountain Infantry (what else?). It's an HQ under the command of another HQ entering an engaged area (allowed under 18.21). Is this kosher? Or is it not allowed because it would be followed by sea assault combat (18.4?) I ask because Dietl was there and I want to see if this is possible to achieve.

Edit: Answered my own question. Only one unit is allowed to sea invade into a defended hex (15.521).

Second, the sidebar on pg. 47 (18.0 Map Edge Area)states that Districts allow rail movement into friendly battles whereas 18.35 says rail is movement is not allowed into engaged areas. (Rules V 1.16)

Thank you in advance for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven,

[By the way, thank you for your enthusiastic article on EuF. Glad you are enjoying it so much.]

The 18.0 sidebar comment on Districts is wrong. Rail movement is never allowed into Engaged Districts (circles).

18.35 is correct:
For Districts: no Rail Movement into Engaged Districts. Marches only.
For Regions: Rail Movement is allowed into (or through) Engaged Regions *for the Original Defender only*. Original Attacker must engage by March.

18.33 is oversimplified in saying units engaging by Rail Route must use Marches only. As per 18.35, an exception is that Original Defenders may engage into embattled Regions by rail.

Thank you for pointing this out, will correct next update.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.