Popular Tags: [View All]
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems The Moral Of The Story that I picked up from various stories and movies were not the ones that I should have garnered. Maybe I can learn them vicariously through my three year old, thus giving her some quantifiable value to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
I grew up thinking the New Yorker was supposed to be a quality magazine with some high brow humor.

You probably also thought you were the type who wouldn't squirt tears, yet here you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

GameCrossing wrote:
It seems The Moral Of The Story that I picked up from various stories and movies were not the ones that I should have garnered. Maybe I can learn them vicariously through my three year old, thus giving her some quantifiable value to me.

If you're that much of an Ayn Rand fan, there's nothing that your three-year-old can do for ya because only genuine Ayn Rand fans would be disheartened by her imagined, much less actual, takes on the morals imparted by children's stories and movies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

GameCrossing wrote:

If you're that much of an Ayn Rand fan, there's nothing that your three-year-old can do for ya because only genuine Ayn Rand fans would be disheartened by her imagined, much less actual, takes on the morals imparted by children's stories and movies.

Sheessh, dial it back a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

this reminds me of the movie Tangled. I watched this with my wife and kids and after the 3rd time my daughter watched it, I started to point out a few things.

I had to explain to my daughter that the old lady was really the good guy in the movie and the king was the bad guy. The king confiscates the old lady's flower for his own use by force. The child that is born is becasue they stole form the old lady and by stealing from her they condemn her to death.

needless to say, my wife was not amused and we have not had to watch it since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
GameCrossing wrote:
I my three year old, thus giving her some quantifiable value to me.

i feel sorry for that kid...to be surrounded by the likes or yourself

sad, we need to call CPS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
It is such a same I could actually see her saying this.

Also she does rather look like she wears coats made out of puppies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWhoWho wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
I my three year old, thus giving her some quantifiable value to me.

i feel sorry for that kid...to be surrounded by the likes or yourself

sad, we need to call CPS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Altair IV wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Sheessh, dial it back a bit.

Tell *that* to Ayn Rand! laugh

She wouldn't do it because she'd say you were trying to compromise her artistic integrity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the moral of the story is that John Galt is actually kind of a dick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.