Subject: Iello version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Barker

Redondo Beach (90277)
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First off, is it good? It seems like poker but possibly more fun? Maybe if you could bid more? I don't know?

Second. Does anyone know about the coin/card quality for the Iello version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coins are standard cardboard. The game is does not really feel like poker, it feels like playing something lighthearted like Coup. So it is fun, but don't expect anything heavy. It is quite casual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
habanero86 wrote:
Second. Does anyone know about the coin/card quality for the Iello version?
We chose to use cardboard coins to keep the price low. Metal coins may be available later, as a separate purchase, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Power Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, lower price is important for light game. Sure we will import it for our Hong Kong gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hoochuk
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I just received my copy of this game and I was really disappointed that the coins were cardboard. Every review I'd seen showed metal coins and the metal coins were actually a selling point for me (I wanted a simple yet elegant game and the upscale components made the difference). I would have been happy to pay a little extra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy some

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Suarez
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
You can check out some nice coins from Fantasy Coin. These are feudal Japan edition, which should work well with the game:

http://fantasycoinhq.3dcartstores.com/Feudal-Japan-Special-e...

I also found some inexpensive Feng Shui coins on amazon, which also seem to go with the theme. You can get 50 coins for less than $7.00:

http://www.amazon.com/50pcs-Feng-I-ching-Coins-Fortune/dp/B0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Berger
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say for me the redesigned cards are much more disappointing than the cardboard coins. Why oh why!? The original designs were so elegant and clever - and using western numerals! Why redesign them to nonsensical symbols? ++ for 10?

I feel very disappointed for the original (graphic) designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank goodness I found out that the tokens were cardboard before I bought. it might sound daft but for me the quality of the components is more important than ever with micro games. If one of the principle things I am going to be playing with is a token then (ala Splendor) I want it to be as high a quality, as tactile, as lovely to manipulate as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I have to say for me the redesigned cards are much more disappointing than the cardboard coins. Why oh why!? The original designs were so elegant and clever - and using western numerals! Why redesign them to nonsensical symbols? ++ for 10?

The card design has been messed about with too?? cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Watson
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
arnodestang wrote:

I feel very disappointed for the original (graphic) designer.

The "nonsensical" symbols are Japanese numerals. + is ten, it's written there twice like that Japanese version of the game writing the Western numerals twice. I agree the original cards look better, but the symbols are far from nonsensical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After all my whinging and moaning I bought it anyway and the cards look great. Am still miffed about the cardboard tokens but I guess I can get a bunch of coins together myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.