Subject: new rules for Bene Gesserit player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grognard David
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i propose 2 rules for balance the Bene Gessserit player and the manipulation of the game by this faction !

- the bad : your allie can be help with the "voice" during battle only on territory where you have a BG troup (in pacific cohabitation).
- the good : BG troup in pacific cohabitation can help with the voice any player during a battle. Any player battled on a territory where there is a BG troup in p.c. can give spice to the BG player to have his "voice" help.

diabolic no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting!

Will give it a go!

Thanks a million for posting the board and resources to help mock up the game. Beautiful work!

CHRIS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
"- The bad" part isn't exactly a disadvantage. Many players will not be trying to win with their alliance partner. They will simply be using as a way of stopping some one from winning or to stop them getting beaten on. Also most bene gesserit worth their salt will have people in almost every sietch by the time alliance come up, which is where the battles that you would want to help your ally might be. Also since a BG player can come down for free nine times in ten they will just ship down a "spiritual adviser" to use the voice in the battle. I guess the fremen could avoide this. While it might make it slightly harder to use the voice it is hardly a big disadvantage. However The good side utterly broken. The ability to interfere in any battle is so good as to be ridiculous. BGs are already probably the most popular power to play (check the poll done on the egroup if you don't believe me). Cool idea, but I think it would pretty unbalanced, then again I haven't used it so I may try it and see next time we play. Thanks anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to be too negative by the way. It is great that you are thinking of things to balance the game
Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armin Sudhoff
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree to Colin: Normally battles for strongholds occur, when tokens are shipped onto dune (seldomly by Harkonnen moving to Sietch Tabr by thopters). So the BG can mostly send their "last minute" spiritual advisor, to support the attacker or defender.

But maybe their are options to "rescue" this good idea:
When using this rule, the BG should have to pay for the mission. Maybe by sending their token(s) in this territory automatically to the tanks (for misusing their voice for non-peaceful activity) and/or having them to pay 2-4 spice to the bank.
Another option would be (that would hurt a bit more than not always being able to help allies) that they can use their voice only once per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down as someone who prefers to play 5-player without BG in the game at all.

I know people like them. I am willing to play them if I have to.

But the game bogs a little 6 player and their "interferences" do not seem worth the hassles.

Not broken, just think it is a better game without.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.