Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Battlers!

I'm really sorry this one came out late! A lot of things got in the way. Got a lot of tests and deadlines near the time when I should have been filming. Add Typhoon Hagupit into the mix and you have a late video.

Kaitlyn was a lot of fun to make because she was a breath of fresh air.

The strategy was pretty simple, too.

I hope you enjoy. Feel free to write any comments/concerns here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Davies
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that true about "Advance until adjacent" movement? I didn't see it in the FAQ the last time I checked.

I was under the impression that any movement that ran into a wormhole ended when the wormhole was removed. I guess it is just a thing about the wording. We had been taking "when an opponent would move into a space with a wormhole, remove it instead" to mean that you removed the wormhole instead of completing the movement.

I suppose that what you said makes sense though.

Anyways, thanks for doing a video on my favorite character. As a Dhalsim player from the Super Turbo days, Kaitlyn is definitely my style =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely been discussed that "Advance until adjacent" removes many wormholes. Her UA is worded differently from Khadath. I'll look for a specific reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Davies
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumbld! Thanks Marco!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangief wrote:
Is that true about "Advance until adjacent" movement? I didn't see it in the FAQ the last time I checked.

I was under the impression that any movement that ran into a wormhole ended when the wormhole was removed. I guess it is just a thing about the wording. We had been taking "when an opponent would move into a space with a wormhole, remove it instead" to mean that you removed the wormhole instead of completing the movement.

I suppose that what you said makes sense though.

Anyways, thanks for doing a video on my favorite character. As a Dhalsim player from the Super Turbo days, Kaitlyn is definitely my style =)

Hello! It's true. The way Advance until adjacent effects work logically is:

"If you are not adjacent to your opponent, advance 1 space. Repeat this effect."

This means that you perform a series of "Advance 1 space" effects until you become adjacent to the opponent. This means that you will advance as many times as it takes, be it 0 times or a million times.

All wormholes do is simple eat 1 point of your movement. So, in essence, if I were to advance 3, but a Womhole was in the way, I'd only actually advance 2.

Hope this helped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayahre wrote:
tumbld! Thanks Marco!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.