Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin sgattoni
Argentina
Capital Federal
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has 1 very atractive element: Inclusion of time as a strategic factor. In this abstract 2 player game, each competitor flips his sand clocks around a board trying to get rid of his rings or block the oponent´s timers.

I personally like this game a lot because it is not about who thinks faster but who administrates time better. TAMSK is all about balance and planning. Managing your resources is very important, because it runs, literally, through your fingers.

There is one aspect of this game that some gamers might not enjoy. About 2/3 into the game one of the players will make a movement that will doom him. Other strategic games allow you to correct mistakes. TAMSK does not. One wrong movement could be the end of it. One single play will determine who wins. Personally I like it this way, but some players might not.

There has been some complain about the timers (some of them might vary a few seconds) and how this can influence the game. Personally I do not notice difference. My black sandtimers have all 5 more seconds than the red ones and it does not affect the game at all. This is because, timers beside, it is a game about blocking, not racing. When someone looses a timer it is not because a lack of speed, but because of blocking.

WILL I LIKE TAMSK?:
-Do I like sand?
-Do I like fancy boards for my coffee table?
-Do I enjoy tension?
-Do I hate second chances?
*3 or more "yes"=buy this game.

EXTRA USE:
Which other game allows you to boil an egg while you play? 3 minutes is the time needed to cook an egg.

GOLDTIP:
unplug phone and any distracting device. Once the game started, it can´t be stopped.

*I´m spanish speaker. I apologize ahead for any miss use of lenguage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good review, Martin.

I think that once people play a few times, the "doom" moves will not happen as often.

Tamsk is a great game that combines elements you won't see in any other abstracts. Kris Burm really knows how to make fun abstracts.

*Your English is just fine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin sgattoni
Argentina
Capital Federal
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Rex. I agree that Tamsk is an exelent game, that´s is why I wrote my first review about it. It is just a very original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Vickies CHIPS
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey, good job! this flowercita from argentina

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Hobbs
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I'm supposed to put text here??
badge
No matter how intense I may get about enjoying boardgames, I hope I never forget to simply be an amateur.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like sand. It's coarse, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.