Subject: When do you actually play your cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S R
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I started looking at the rules of the game and I was wondering when do you actually play your cards?

Do you play your "Discard" card as soon as you buy them or you can keep them and once it is used, you put it in a discard pile?

Can you play your "Keep" card over and over? (Ex: The chameleon card in the rules state that you can discard stars to change the face of a dice you haven't resolve. Does this mean you can throw the first time, change some dice, throw a second time, change other dice and then make your play? I understand that you would end up with less dices for your following throw, but this is still pretty good.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If its the same same as King of Tokyo you don't actually play your cards in a traditional sense.

When you buy a "Discard" card, you do what it says and discard it. When you buy a "Keep" card it stays up in front of you and you can use the ability as per the card instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have a hand of cards to play from.

KEEP cards are played face up in front of you as soon as you buy them and are in effect for the rest of the game. Depending on the kind of KEEP card, they will tell you when they apply (ie always, on your turn, when you do X, etc..)

DISCARD cards are resolved immediately on purchase and then discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, thanks to both of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Ouimet
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that any card purchased is kept in front of the player who purchased it. The Keep cards have continuous effect(s) and the Discard cards only have an effect when they are discarded. That way you have control over when the effect kicks in for Discard cards.

However, page 3 under the "Card Description" section does state:
"DISCARD: Resolve these cards' effects, then discard the card."

But I prefer our house rule...It's more fun, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.