Popular Tags: [View All]
Norman Palmer
United Kingdom
Hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

Two KS questions....

One:- Is 225K achievable? that seems a lot (not a dig I am just asking)are we likely to see the bonus character cards and law cards because these, out of all the stretch rewards this seems the one that everyone wants as more cards more replayability etc etc... gems, mats are all cool and I will add them but more game play.........

Two:- Linen finish cards..... Do these need sleeves? I do u usually sleeve my card games but linen finish is that not supposed be nice to hold/handle and stronger? so do we need them?

Thats all I wanted to ask, looking forward to playing this next year.

Cheers all meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not backing this one (no Monies!), but to answer your question, nothings impossible. I have seen Kickstarters do over 200k their last day. As far as linen finish goes, it depends. I have adopted the "only sleeve my favorite game" rule. All the rest are left to a slow death as they are joyously played to death.

I have had some Linen finished cards that are damaged pretty easy and need to be sleeved (favorite game so it works) and others that are so strong that I figure what's the point. Typically because of my rule I wait to see how much I really like a game first, but if $2 premium sleeves every card that you will be getting in the KS, I would do it. SOO cheap, so no real reason not to imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
225K is a lot. definitely
but I've seen one or two that passed the million or near to it. Those were definitely also much more expensive to produce than this one.

Backed it and also the extras as the cost was soo little for the extra gems, mat and sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kicktraq has it trending towards $258,000.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/maydaygames/viceroy-fantasy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neverfullbelly wrote:
Hi all

Two:- Linen finish cards..... Do these need sleeves? I do u usually sleeve my card games but linen finish is that not supposed be nice to hold/handle and stronger? so do we need them?

I bought the premium sleeves, not sure I'll use them on this game or not but it's worth $2. That said I don't usually sleeve games however I do have Among the Stars and I sleeved that. Not just to protect the cards but more to make it easy to shuffle them. I find square cards difficult to shuffle. The sleeves make it easy, just separate into to stacks and smush them together. The sleeves make it so the cards intermix quite easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neverfullbelly wrote:
Hi all

Two KS questions....

One:- Is 225K achievable? that seems a lot (not a dig I am just asking)are we likely to see the bonus character cards and law cards because these, out of all the stretch rewards this seems the one that everyone wants as more cards more replayability etc etc... gems, mats are all cool and I will add them but more game play.........

Thats all I wanted to ask, looking forward to playing this next year.

Cheers all :meeple:

I believe we wil hit it and perhaps some more too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hanneman
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
I think it'll blow past 225k. The creator spoiled in the comments that they are planning to add some games as add-ons for the final days. The bump from those sales, as well as the final 48 surge, with get it total well past 225k.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Viceroy passed the 225k mark and the 8 additional cards are unlocked.

As for the "To sleeve or not to sleeve" question, I usually don't sleeve linen finish cards, but that's my individual choice. I know others who sleeve every card they get, no matter what the printing quality or game, and that's ok.

Since I'm getting regular sleeves with the game as one of the stretch goals, I may go ahead and sleeve them. Why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MitchLav wrote:
Viceroy passed the 225k mark and the 8 additional cards are unlocked.

are these 8 additional cards - exclusive or included in all retailer copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the other cards are NOT going to be included in future print runs of the game (+5 Law Cards and +4 Bonus cards from the $250 k goal), but these 8 cards will be included in future print runs, as will other things we have unlocked such as the player screens and color blind fixes.

Keep in mind that others will have to wait and will pay more than our backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- doesitplay -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I'll sleeve the game or not. I'll decide when the game arrives. But $2 for 100 premium sleeves? That's a steal. So I added the sleeves to my pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
All the other cards are NOT going to be included in future print runs of the game (+5 Law Cards and +4 Bonus cards from the $250 k goal), but these 8 cards will be included in future print runs, as will other things we have unlocked such as the player screens and color blind fixes.

Keep in mind that others will have to wait and will pay more than our backers.

please clarify that this is what you're saying:

$100k stretch reward - 5 bonus cards (law) - NOT included in retail version
$225k stretch reward - 8 bonus cards (4 law + 4 character) - WILL be included in all retail versions
$250K stretch reward - 4 bonus cards - NOT included in retail version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, exactly Abe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn that I missed this project...I would like to get one copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tero,

On the KS, they said something about a possibility for getting the game after the campaign is over. You may be interested in checking that link out:

https://maydaygames.com/viceroy-game-only.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks...I think that I will wait it show up into our local store. 33$ is rather expensive shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.