Subject: Can Charlie Kane send you to Antartica? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's one I wish would have made it to the FAQ.

One of the ways to get to the Antarctica sideboard is to spend two success on an Acquire Assets roll. Can Charlie Kane use his passive ability to send another player there?

For reference, his ability:

"When you perform an Acquire Assets action, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase"

Now, it specifically says card, but since the trip to Antarctica is essentially a cardless Asset, it feels appropriate both thematically and mechanically to let Kane send someone else to the outpost.

How would you rule it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play that as rules as written unless something contrary comes out. They can gain CARDS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Fist
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Whenever my group runs into a question like this in Eldritch Horror, we always stick to the golden rule...always rule against the players.

I would say Charlie cannot send another invenstigator to Anatartica... unless FAQs are released that states otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be in the Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Eldritch Horror to Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote a resounding no. Charlie is good enough as is, and the ability specifies "card" assets.

Nice try though! lol whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I'd play that as rules as written unless something contrary comes out. They can gain CARDS.

This is where I was leaning as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiona Furlong
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I think I would say yes, with the explanation being that he (Kane) is funding your expedition, not going on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BaldrsWolf wrote:
I think I would say yes, with the explanation being that he (Kane) is funding your expedition, not going on it.

This makes sense, and I do not believe the game literally has to make a card that says "Service - Go to Antarctica" (guess it could have been printed on the board), but I don't think Charlie can fund an expedition that will pick up an investigator in the Heart of Africa and then fly them to Antartica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jujo Vee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course Charlie can't get anyone into Antarctica because you don't gain any cards when travelling there via an asset roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.