Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Following up on the "simplest global strategy" thread - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1101417 - in which ZzBOG may or may not have been asking for a game recommendation, but ended up with recommendations of actual strategies such as
Scurra wrote:
Tit-for-Tat

Subey wrote:
Goldilocks.

molnar wrote:
"get a lot of stuff"?

BagpipeDan wrote:
Buy low, sell high.

rri1 wrote:
Shoot first. Ask Questions later.

and of course
Legomancer wrote:
Plastics.

and then as usual I killed the thread by giving an explanation of tit-for-tat, since there seemed to be some confusion there.

What I'm thinking now is, is it possible to build some totally abstract game, presumably on top of the iterated Prisoner's Dilemma, in which all of the above are viable strategies? Because I really want to know how that battle royal turns out. The actual playing out of the game could be done with a computer program, as the iterated Prisoner's Dilemma usually is. But that doesn't have "stuff", "guns", or "plastics", so we'd need to add a layer or two. It could be a two-player game, but if there's economics it probably would be more interesting with more.

Unless of course the game I'm describing is just Euphrat & Tigris.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you could make a totally abstract game about this but why would you want to?

It sounds really cool with a theme on it.

What's "goldilocks" mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.