Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Placing Military Units can only be done in provinces containing a General or a Caesar and at least one Influence Token. Since a General is not considered a Military Unit See rulebook:

Page 5: “Some units are referred to as “Military Units” (Infantry, Cavalry, Catapults, and Galleys), “leaders” (Generals and Caesars), (...) depending on the situation.

AND

Page 6: “GENERAL: (Leader; Land Unit) Generals (...) faction that is vying for power. In this capacity they are able.”

Where can I place them? Do I place them in provinces containing a minimum of 1 Influence Token? Or can I place them randomly? Or only in countries under the same rules as Military Units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you purchase a Leader, you have to put him in a region where there is at least (1) of your influence tokens and at least (1) of your Leader unit in that region! (that is why it is important to spread out your leaders!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'm sorry that is not an explanation.

1) it isn't said anywhere that a Leader must be placed under the conditions you claim, and;

2) Spreading Leaders is a non-issue since "spreading your Leaders" is not the problem: it's the fact that you have to place a new General in the same province as an 'older' Leader to make it legal. What does spreading them out have to do with solving this problem? You still have to put the new General in the same space as the old one? Taking up one more action, you could use for other purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have (only) 2 Leaders in one region and you need another one... you have ONLY (1) choice to where he can go!

If you have (2) leaders in 2 different areas, you can have more choices to where he can go... perhaps you where cut off from a section of the board or was a target of an 'assassination' card, get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth_Logan wrote:
No, I'm sorry that is not an explanation.

1) it isn't said anywhere that a Leader must be placed under the conditions you claim, and;

2) Spreading Leaders is a non-issue since "spreading your Leaders" is not the problem: it's the fact that you have to place a new General in the same province as an 'older' Leader to make it legal. What does spreading them out have to do with solving this problem? You still have to put the new General in the same space as the old one? Taking up one more action, you could use for other purposes.

1) look under the "Recruit" section (pg 10) ... it says exactly what I said! (in different terms):

RECRUIT
The active player can recruit (buy) new military units
from his pool of unused units. New recruits must
be placed in a province (or, for Galleys, in a sea zone
adjacent to that province) in which the active player
has at least one influence token and either a General or
Caesar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitty, it slows down the game even further, but it seems you're right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.