Zombicide Season 3: Rue Morgue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crawler spawns with reaper skill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Btown
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Maybe this is obvious and maybe it isn't. The rules state that kills that don't involve dice rolls such as the molotov can't spawn crawlers (obviously, no rolls= no ones on the die). With the reaper skill, a single hit can kill two zoms. So if for instance there are two zombies in a zone and I roll 3+ dice and I get one hit and two or more ones, does only the zombie killed by the hit come back as a crawler, or does the one killed by the reaper skill also become a crawler since I had two ones? Or even, if I only rolled one one would they both become crawlers? It's not 100% clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John L
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I read it this way:

Each 1 in the dice pool, spawn a crawler for each Skinner killed. Doesn't matter how they were killed or what reason or skill. I read it this way because they the creators said the made the skinners to give a downside to large dice pool weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Menard
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
This is a tricky one. After re-reading the appropriate sections a few times, my opinion is that you'd spawn 2 crawlers.

1. You make an attack roll & assign hits.
2. Reaper allows you to kill an addition identical zombie to one already killed.
3. Remove skinner's killed
4. For each '1' rolled on the attack, spawn a crawler, up to the number of skinners killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's 2 crawlers - 1 for each 1 rolled, up to the number of zombies killed in this action. You killed two & rolled 2x1s, so you get two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.